Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Update w/Installation file version 1.0.62.508 Causing Problems in User Profiles

Spotify Update w/Installation file version 1.0.62.508 Causing Problems in User Profiles

I formatted my computer yesterday thinking that my user profile had been corrupted as I was unable to use the 1, 2, 9, 0 keys across the top row, the 1 key in the num pas, and the f, and j keys in the middle.  Hardware tests at the BIOS level had all passed, so I knew it wasn't a problem with the machine itself.

ZBook 15 G3 Workstation, Running Windows 10 Education.  All Drivers, Firmware, and BIOS updates have been completed. Not currently runnning the Creators Update as the school I am attending has yet to test it with the various images we run for the different departments for potential conflicts.

Installed Spotify this morning and immediately the keyboard issue appeared.  Uninstalled it and the problem went away.  (Might I add.  What kind of Hack programmer sets up a program that downloads settings and infomation and FILES to install into the USER PROFILE!!!!  That's asking for more problems than Carter's got liver pills...  Security headaches and all!)

Rewrite your software the RIGHT way.  Stress test the **bleep** out of it PLEASE, THEN release it.  JHC in stiletto heels, its like the nimrods in your development corner don't know what the programming development cycle is or what its for....

0 Replies

Suggested posts