Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[ SOLVED ] Delete local files from Spotify? [Windows 10 Desktop]

[ UPDATE ]Managed to delete the local files by opening "local-files.bnk" in Notepad, delete everything in the file and overwrite the empty local-files.bnk! Location: (C:\Users\*Windows Username*\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Users\*Spotify Username* I'll l...

• [ UPDATE ] Managed to delete the local files by opening "local-files.bnk" in Notepad, delete everything in the file and overwrite the empty local-files.bnk! Location: (C:\Users\*Windows Username*\Ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download local files to android after updating spotify to the windows 10 store version.

Local files from desktop won't sync to any of my mobile devicesI have already checked my firewall settingsUPnP is also enabledI already tried reinstalling spotify on desktop and phone

• Local files from desktop won't sync to any of my mobile devices I have already checked my firewall settings UPnP is also enabled I already tried reinstalling spotify on desktop and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Last update windows version: Can't move a song in a playlist no more

Since the last update of the Windows version, I can't move (drag n drop) a song in my playlist with the mouse.

• Regular
  • Since the last update of the Windows version, I can't move (drag n drop) a song in my playlist with the mouse.
  • aragorn77777
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

URGENT - Two devices, with wifi but no internet

Is this possible?I would like to use my phone (samsung galaxy 6s edge +) to control my offline playlist on my laptop (MSI Apache 790) with no internet service; however, I do have a wifi connection for my local area that I use to print to, transfer fi...

• Is this possible? I would like to use my phone (samsung galaxy 6s edge +) to control my offline playlist on my laptop (MSI Apache 790) with no internet service; however, I do have a wifi connection ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files dont sync anymore

Hi!Even tho i already have the folder where the files are added into the source list, new files won't appear anymore, even with new sources no new songs appear.. im using the latest version, this has been happening for quite a few prior versions..tha...

• Regular
  • Hi! Even tho i already have the folder where the files are added into the source list, new files won't appear anymore, even with new sources no new songs appear.. im using the latest version, this h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't click and drag?

Im not sure if im doing anything wrong but i can't click and drag to move playlists around. Or move the order of songs in the playlist or the queue. I also cannot click and drag songs into playlists on the left hand panel (I know I can just right cli...

• Im not sure if im doing anything wrong but i can't click and drag to move playlists around. Or move the order of songs in the playlist or the queue. I also cannot click and drag songs into playlists ...
  • gumb0
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I do not seem to be able to delete one song

Hi all,I have a small but very annoying problem. I recently started using Spotify again, with a family premium account. I downloaded Spotify many years ago for the first time, and apparantly added some songs. However, one of those songs seems to be i...

• Hi all, I have a small but very annoying problem. I recently started using Spotify again, with a family premium account. I downloaded Spotify many years ago for the first time, and apparantly added ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

connexion windows phones

j'utilise l'appli sur mon windows phones depuis plusieurs mois mais du jour au lendemain, quand je veux lancé l'appli, ça charge 2 secondes et je reviens sur l'écran d'accueil de mon portable. j'ai désinstallé spotify et ré-installé mais toujours par...

• Casual Listener
  • j'utilise l'appli sur mon windows phones depuis plusieurs mois mais du jour au lendemain, quand je veux lancé l'appli, ça charge 2 secondes et je reviens sur l'écran d'accueil de mon portable. j'ai d...
  • zenzile49
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify and Chrome conflict on Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226!!!

Hello,I have just discovered a bug with Spotify Version 1.0.57.474, Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.109 and Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226. The issue is in Chrome browser if you right click on a web page and click "Save link as" or on an imag...

• Music Fan
  •  Hello, I have just discovered a bug with Spotify Version 1.0.57.474, Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.109 and Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226.   The issue is in Chr...
  • BLTimmy
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Artist Name Display under non english UI

Hi, I've changed my windows spotify to chinese language. Most artist name & song name are displaying in chinese, however, the following artists that I'm currently following are still remain as English, any idea how to "fix" this? I've tried restartin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've changed my windows spotify to chinese language. Most artist name & song name are displaying in chinese, however, the following artists that I'm currently following are still remain as En...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

my playlist

how do i import my playlist to my windows media player it offers me this option in my spotify account

• how do i import my playlist to my windows media player it offers me this option in my spotify account
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have music in a playlist on my computer but its not downloading to my iphone

I have tried the offline sync several times now and these two albums are the only time I have ever had a problem with this before any help?

• I have tried the offline sync several times now and these two albums are the only time I have ever had a problem with this before any help?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files .mp3 not appearing

I have added a folder under the music library in Windows 10 and Spotify does not seem to be able to detect any of the audio files there. My understanding is that files with .mp3 and put under the music library would be automatically added to be playe...

• Casual Listener
  • I have added a folder under the music library in Windows 10 and Spotify does not seem to be able to detect any of the audio files there. My understanding is that files with .mp3 and put under the mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files appear dead

OK, my local files are a mess. I can't find anything relevant to help me. Here's what happened. I put my desktop into storage for six months while my house was remodeled. That meant to my dismay, that Spotify removed all my own cd music as well as my...

• Music Fan
  • OK, my local files are a mess.  I can't find anything relevant to help me.   Here's what happened.  I put my desktop into storage for six months while my house was remodeled.   ...
  • kerrycmitchell
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[solved] Spotify Crash on Windows 10 during startup/slowdown

Dear Users, I have experienced freezes on my Win 10 PC when starting Spotify. I found also the root of the issue: My Windows Music-Library (where my local music resides) refers to a NAS(Network-Assisted Storage) device. Deleting the local-files.bnk C...

• Dear Users,   I have experienced freezes on my Win 10 PC when starting Spotify. I found also the root of the issue: My Windows Music-Library (where my local music resides) refers to a NAS(Netw...
  • St3v3s4n
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Media Keys not working on Windows Store Version

Just realized that i can't change music and play/pause anymore with my Corsair K65 since i'm using the windows store version. Desktop version is working fine though. Only volume keys and mute is working. Windows 10 64BitSpotify 1.0.56.505.g024fbe68 (...

• Casual Listener
  • Just realized that i can't change music and play/pause anymore with my Corsair K65 since i'm using the windows store version. Desktop version is working fine though. Only volume keys and mute is work...
  • CollinZ159
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle is no longer working

I have a playlist of 996 songs. Shuffle is only 'shuffling' among a VERY small subset of these songs. When I sort the playlist by Alphabetical order, pick the first song, and hit shuffle, I am not seeing any artists later in the alphabet than B selec...

• I have a playlist of 996 songs. Shuffle is only 'shuffling' among a VERY small subset of these songs.   When I sort the playlist by Alphabetical order, pick the first song, and hit shuffle, I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app

I have had a black screen problem with Spotify on my Windows 10 PC and have tried all the suggested fixes on here. Now I have uninstalled the version I downloaed from Spotify.com and have tried the Spotify app for Windows 10 from Google Store but I g...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had a black screen problem with Spotify on my Windows 10 PC and have tried all the suggested fixes on here. Now I have uninstalled the version I downloaed from Spotify.com and have tried the S...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent additions to collaborative playlists don't show up

Hi, Me and my boyfriend have had a joint playlist for several years, where we both add new stuff every so often. It's always worked fine in the past. Whenever he added something, it shows up in "my" playlist, and vice versa. Until recently. Even thou...

• Hi,   Me and my boyfriend have had a joint playlist for several years, where we both add new stuff every so often. It's always worked fine in the past. Whenever he added something, it shows up...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Delayed start with W Desktop App

Hello, I use the Desktop App (StoreVersion but same with old client).When i Start der App i have a delayed over 10 minutes, bevor i have th GUI.I have monitored the app simply, and before the GUI starts the App get 1,7 GB!!!!!! Data from Network (see...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I use the Desktop App (StoreVersion but same with old client). When i Start der App i have a delayed over 10 minutes, bevor i have th GUI. I have monitored the app simply, and befor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes