Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify quick share feature

So i have spotify 0.9.7.16 and i miss the feature of dragging a song over someones name to share it like in 0.9.1. is there a way to get it in 0.9.7? i will not be updating past 9.7 because i hate the big bulky black theme and everyones pissed about ...

• Casual Listener
  • So i have spotify 0.9.7.16  and i miss the feature of dragging a song over someones name to share it like in 0.9.1. is there a way to get it in 0.9.7? i will not be updating past 9.7 becaus...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queuing Quality of Life Improvments We Desperately NEED!

Posted as an idea here so please add kudos to it. These are things that are keeping Spotify from being one of the best players out there. It's plain to see that Spotify's queuing system is currently one of the worst in any popular player. I'll go int...

• Roadie
  • Posted as an idea here so please add kudos to it. These are things that are keeping Spotify from being one of the best players out there.     It's plain to see that Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

App for windows Surface Tablet

Any update on when Spotify might become available for Windows store anybody? Thanks!!

• Any update on when Spotify might become available for Windows store anybody? Thanks!!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open Spotify Website

Spotify suddenly would not open on desk top (Windows) so uninstalled and tried to reinstall but cannot open the spotify website. Can open any other website so not an internet connectivity problem. Have followed recommendations on all forums to try an...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify suddenly would not open on desk top (Windows) so uninstalled and tried to reinstall but cannot open the spotify website.  Can open any other website so not an internet connectivity probl...
  • brewCity_TK
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Spotify desktop app (PC)?

I've returned to Spotify after a few years and I am struggling to find what I would consider basic features, maybe someone can help me? I often don't know what I want to listen to, so I click on Browse and play one of the Spotify lists in there. How ...

• Not applicable
  • I've returned to Spotify after a few years and I am struggling to find what I would consider basic features, maybe someone can help me?   I often don't know what I want to listen to, so I cl...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse area - playlists have disappeared?

Just looking on Browse > Genres & Moods (specifically the 'Mood' area) and a load of playlists have gone missing? There are only about 100-200 in the whole of that section where there were absolutely thousands before, including my own playlist. I've ...

• Regular
  • Just looking on Browse > Genres & Moods (specifically the 'Mood' area) and a load of playlists have gone missing? There are only about 100-200 in the whole of that section where there wer...
  • Olly
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Installation failure

Hello. I've been using spotify for a longer period, but suddenly one day it would not open. I delete spotify and tried to reinstall it . But it's like spotify did not install completely. When I start SpotifySetup it downloads and install spotify but ...

• Regular
  • Hello. I've been using spotify for a longer period, but suddenly one day it would not open. I delete spotify and tried to reinstall it . But it's like spotify did not install completely. When I s...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP! Screen blank on main pages, can't search!

Help! I am horribly frustrated and have done everything I can. My spotify just doesnt work. It will not display any image or anything on the search or discover or home pages. That means I have my playlists as they are, and cannot add music to them be...

issue.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Help!   I am horribly frustrated and have done everything I can. My spotify just doesnt work. It will not display any image or anything on the search or discover or home pages. That means I ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save not working (not over limit)

I stumbled upon a problem with the save function today: when I click "save" from the album view window the button says "saved" for a very brief moment, then reverts to "save". "Your Music" does not show the album after this. In other words, it behave...

• Casual Listener
  • I stumbled upon a problem with the save function today: when I click "save" from the album view window the button says "saved" for a very brief moment, then reverts to "save". "Your Music" does not s...
  • John_marston92
  • Casual Listener
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Röyksopp song became greyed out but had been available

I had been enjoying "Röyksopp Forever" by Röyksopp, and had starred it - all good. Then it dissappeared! I found the "Hide unplayable Tracks" option in preferences and unchecked it, and now I can see it again but it's greyed out - as is most of the m...

• I had been enjoying "Röyksopp Forever" by Röyksopp, and had starred it - all good. Then it dissappeared! I found the "Hide unplayable Tracks" option in preferences and unchecked it, and now I can see...
  • bzite
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Flucuates/Equalizes During Playback Windows 7

During playback of a song/track, the volume level will fluctuate and equalize so that the volume is consistent throughout the song. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, AND I CAN'T USE SPOTIFY ON MY LAPTOP BECAUSE OF THIS. A song that starts out quiet, then h...

• Casual Listener
  • During playback of a song/track, the volume level will fluctuate and equalize so that the volume is consistent throughout the song.  This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, AND I CAN'T USE SPOTIFY ON MY LAP...
  • haggardcd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Batch Deleting Albums

My album list is huge and I want to remove at least half of them, Is it possible to highlight the albums I want to delete and remove them all at once?

• Casual Listener
  • My album list is huge and I want to remove at least half of them, Is it possible to highlight the albums I want to delete and remove them all at once? 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Spotify won't remember, that it was playing local files after PC reboot.

Hello. It seems like this issue was not reported anywhere. So, the issue is: if local files are being played and Spotify was restarted (either by just closing app or rebooting a PC) it won't remember, that local files were played before closing. It r...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   It seems like this issue was not reported anywhere. So, the issue is: if local files are being played and Spotify was restarted (either by just closing app or rebooting a PC) it w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Why doesn't Spotify FIX the Windows 8 player??

Windows 8 has now been around for years. Spotify has done many upgrades including it's excellent intrerface upgrade earlier this year. And still Spotify fails at Windows 8!!! Spotify audio output still stops as soon as power saving switches off the m...

• Roadie
  • Windows 8 has now been around for years. Spotify has done many upgrades including it's excellent intrerface upgrade earlier this year. And still Spotify fails at Windows 8!!! Spotify a...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Miscellaneous Imported Itunes tracks greyed out

This is the situation: I imported songs into iTunes from an old CD called "10cc Greatest Hits And More". Everything runs in iTunes, clean as a whistle. I created an iTunes playlist named 10CC with only songs from this CD. I imported this playlist cal...

• Regular
  • This is the situation: I imported songs into iTunes from an old  CD called "10cc Greatest Hits And More". Everything runs in iTunes, clean as a whistle. I created an iTunes  playlist named ...
  • Mori910
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Download Album Art to folder on your pc

Is it possible to download songs album art from a whole playlist ? example: I hav 285 songs from the 80s I want to make a cool banner and download every songs album art. Is this possbile ?

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to download songs album art from a whole playlist ?   example:   I hav 285 songs from the 80s   I want to make a cool banner and download every songs album a...
  • dj_Robbie
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Radio UI issue when Thumb Voting and Side Advertisements

Edit: fixed formatting, not sure what happened the first time. Hi Spotify team, Backstory: I recently started using the Radio experience at work, and I've been trying to be good about using the thumb-voting to give Spotify a better idea about the mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Edit: fixed formatting, not sure what happened the first time.   Hi Spotify team,   Backstory:   I recently started using the Radio experience at work, and I've been trying...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Releases Playlist Not Updating

The official "New Releases on Spotify" playlist (link: New Releases on Spotify - US) has been one of my favorite features of the program. I use it every week to see all the new tracks and albums added. Unlike every prior week, the playlist was not up...

• Music Fan
  • The official "New Releases on Spotify" playlist (link: New Releases on Spotify - US) has been one of my favorite features of the program. I use it every week to see all the new tracks and albums...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 65 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 65 replies
  • 9 likes

App Login Failed

So I was trying to log into the app on my PC but it tells me my password is wrong. If I login to spotfiy on the normal website it works perfectly fine. Any fix to this?

• Not applicable
  • So I was trying to log into the app on my PC but it tells me my password is wrong. If I login to spotfiy on the normal website it works perfectly fine. Any fix to this?
  • HLo
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 8.1 - Cannot Start Spotify app - Freeze

Hi, New Canadian user. I have just received my invite code. My account works on the web and on Android. On Windows 8.1 (64 bits), I've tried multiple installs / reinstalls. When I see the login window, I can input my username and password, but none o...

• Not applicable
  • Hi,   New Canadian user. I have just received my invite code. My account works on the web and on Android.   On Windows 8.1 (64 bits), I've tried multiple installs / reinstalls. ...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes