Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Local Files aren't shown

I'm sorry but i need to post it a third time because nobody either likes to answer or nobody can answer and it seems like spotify is unaware off the problem some people have. Since 4-5 month now spotify only shows 2 songs in my local files when i hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sorry but i need to post it a third time because nobody either likes to answer or nobody can answer and it seems like spotify is unaware off the problem some people have.   Since 4-5 month...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Unwanted Artists/Albums in the Discover Tab Recommendations

Whenever I open Spotify I usually go to "Browse" then I will choose the "Discover" tab and that gives me all the recommendations of different artists and albums I might like. In with all these recommendations are usually several/many artists/albums I...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I open Spotify I usually go to "Browse" then I will choose the "Discover" tab and that gives me all the recommendations of different artists and albums I might like. In with all these recomm...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Skips/Glitches

Hello, I've been trying to listen to a couple of the albums by Streetlight Manifesto.For a few tracks (Watch It Crash, Somewhere In the Between, We Are the Few, and A Better Place, a Better Time), the first 10 seconds of the song plays as normal.Afte...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I've been trying to listen to a couple of the albums by Streetlight Manifesto. For a few tracks (Watch It Crash, Somewhere In the Between, We Are the Few, and A Better Place, a Better ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

2 annoying problems with local files

Hi.tl;dr at the bottomWell, one or two years ago i set the path for the directory to a hdd to put all my local music files in spotify, which worked just fine. But now i added a seperate folder and deleted the old ones, since i don´t need it any longe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. tl;dr at the bottom Well, one or two years ago i set the path for the directory to a hdd to put all my local music files in spotify, which worked just fine. But now i added a seperate folder an...
  • Makabulita
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not appearing under My Music

Hello, For a large part I used Spotify as my secondary player, because I did not have premium and deleted all of my own music from the application since I used iTunes as primairy player. Since a few months I have a premium account and want to use Spo...

• Hello,   For a large part I used Spotify as my secondary player, because I did not have premium and deleted all of my own music from the application since I used iTunes as primairy player. Sin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes when deleting files

I am using the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview and when I delete a file in Windows Explorer or even 7zip Spotify just crashes. I didn't find anything about taking a log so far... Could someone point me in the right direction? Spotify 1.0.58.573.g57...

• I am using the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview and when I delete a file in Windows Explorer or even 7zip Spotify just crashes. I didn't find anything about taking a log so far... Could someone...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Importing music from files

Okay so, I dragged and dropped the songs onto files on my windows 10, so I went to edit-preferences-local files-add souce. So I clicked on "add source" and so I clicked the one that has all the music then clicked okay. But it still does not let me pl...

• Okay so, I dragged and dropped the songs onto files on my windows 10, so I went to edit-preferences-local files-add souce. So I clicked on "add source" and so I clicked the one that has all the music...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Playlist Display Bug

My Discover Weekly playlist, for a couple weeks now, has been displaying incorrectly. The first song is positioned higher than it should be; a layer under the search, and sort, ba so I can't actually select that song unless I sort the playlist anothe...

• Casual Listener
  • My Discover Weekly playlist, for a couple weeks now, has been displaying incorrectly. The first song is positioned higher than it should be; a layer under the search, and sort, ba so I can't actually...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

missing "send to" tab when sharing a playlist

Hi there I see only "post to followers" when I try and share a playlist. The "send to" tab is not showing. Is that just me? "Post to followers" is not an option I wish to use. Thanks

• Music Fan
  • Hi there   I see only "post to followers" when I try and share a playlist.  The "send to" tab is not showing.  Is that just me?    "Post to followers" is not an option I ...
  • galengriggs
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes

playlists - specific versions of songs

One of the most annoying things about Spotify is that I'll have tracks saved to a playlist, and then all of a sudden, Spotify changes the version of that song -- for instance, from a studio version to a live version. Is there any way to prevent/corre...

• Music Fan
  • One of the most annoying things about Spotify is that I'll have tracks saved to a playlist, and then all of a sudden, Spotify changes the version of that song -- for instance, from a studio version t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

how do i download my songs on desktop

how do i download my songs on desktop i can only find download on playlist and album but i want my songs

• Casual Listener
  • how do i download my songs on desktop  i can only find download on playlist and album but i want my songs
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows: Spotify uses >600MB RAM

Hi I was wondering why my computer uses so much RAM so I started to search and found that Spotify (1.0.57.474) uses >600MB RAM on my machine (have a look at the attached screenshot). That´s a lot for just background music while the UI is closed. Does...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I was wondering why my computer uses so much RAM so I started to search and found that Spotify (1.0.57.474) uses >600MB RAM on my machine (have a look at the attached screenshot)....
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Repeat more than one song?

Is it possible to select a number of songs from a playlist to repeat, I know I can repeat 1 song or the entire playlist but would like to be able to select a few tracks from the current playlist to repeat.

• Is it possible to select a number of songs from a playlist to repeat, I know I can repeat 1 song or the entire playlist but would like to be able to select a few tracks from the current playlist to r...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! After Windows 10 Creators Update Media Keys No Longer Play or Pause Music

As the title says, I updated Window 10 to the latest version via the "Creators Update" update. Now the media keys on my keyboard no longer play, pause or skip tracks when pushing them. They only work if Spotify is opened and the application is the ac...

• Regular
  • As the title says, I updated Window 10 to the latest version via the "Creators Update" update. Now the media keys on my keyboard no longer play, pause or skip tracks when pushing them. They only work...
  • Milebello
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist called "Loading..." cannot be deleted on Android or Windows client

There is a playlist on all of my Spotify clients called "Loading..." which I believe is a Spotify playlist I followed a long time ago. When I right click it to try and unfollow it, the "unfollow" option does nothing. The playlist is still there, and ...

• There is a playlist on all of my Spotify clients called "Loading..." which I believe is a Spotify playlist I followed a long time ago. When I right click it to try and unfollow it, the "unfollow" opt...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Specific song not working

'First day of my life' by The Rasmus isn't playing. Everything works absolutely fine, just that one song won't play. Not a big problem for me, I assume it will be fixed soon enough. Just thought I should let it know somewhere. Feel free to delete thi...

• Casual Listener
  • 'First day of my life' by The Rasmus isn't playing. Everything works absolutely fine, just that one song won't play.   Not a big problem for me, I assume it will be fixed soon enough. Just tho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app doesn't detect my local files.

They're in the correct folder, but Spotify doesn't want them to show most of the time. When they do, they sync to my phone just fine, but if I want to listen at my desktop, I'm SOL because it doesn't detect them nearly any time I open the desktop app...

• Visitor
  • They're in the correct folder, but Spotify doesn't want them to show most of the time. When they do, they sync to my phone just fine, but if I want to listen at my desktop, I'm SOL because it doesn't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends Can't See What I'm Listening To

I can see every song my friends listen to, but they can't see mine, even though I have the setting for private session marked "off". How can I fix this so my friends see what I am listening to?

• I can see every song my friends listen to, but they can't see mine, even though I have the setting for private session marked "off". How can I fix this so my friends see what I am listening to?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Choose favorite artists and music

Can't i just choose the artists and musics that i want to show up as my favorites?Is it Spotify who says to me which one are my favorites based in what i listen the most? Really? Wow. That is pretty nonsensical.

• Casual Listener
  • Can't i just choose the artists and musics that i want to show up as my favorites? Is it Spotify who says to me which one are my favorites based in what i listen the most? Really? Wow. That is prett...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Adicionar artistas e músicas como favoritos

Não existe um jeito de escolher meus artistas e músicas para exibir como favoritos? Eu preciso continuar ouvindo músicas até o Spotify decidir por mim quais são os MEUS favoritos? É sério isso?

• Casual Listener
  • Não existe um jeito de escolher meus artistas e músicas para exibir como favoritos? Eu preciso continuar ouvindo músicas até o Spotify decidir por mim quais são os MEUS favoritos? É sério isso?
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes