Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Media overlay won't go away + other problems

Media overlay won't go away + other problems

I'm currently using the newest version of spotify premium (1.0.95.289.g342899da) on Windows 10. I've been experiencing some problems with spotify for the last month or so. I started noticing that the media overlay won't go away even when i turn it off or when i reinstall the app completely. Another problem that i've been experiencing is that when i open up spotify it always starts up with the same exact song at 0:00. Reinstalling doesn't fix this problem either. 

2 Replies

Hey @Rank0!

This is a known issue which is under investigaton by Spotify. You can check how it is going and vote for it to catch more attention to it here. Hope this gets fixed soon 🙂

I know you're a PR guy that probably has nothing to do with the development of the app, but what in **bleep**'s sake is your dev team doing? Yeah, I can't wait for a **bleep** bugfix to a basic UI issue that'll probably come next year or so, do you know how ridiculous this sounds? Not to mention that this bug has been reoccurring on and off for at least a year now, does ANYONE there test the **bleep** that you guys keep rolling out?

You guys keep removing actual features that people using a media player would actually want, and somehow the handful of features that manage to stay inside the program still manages to be buggy!? What!?

I also can't believe that the only solution to this bug is to download an external, third-party application off github, that hides windows-wide volume controls that I actually want, just because your program (that I pay subscription for) is a **bleep**ing mess.

By the way, I don't think there has been any update to desktop Spotify in the past month or so, and I can't even check, because there's no updated patch history anywhere. Even iTunes has detailed patch notes that date back to 2001, and its local library functions were far more robust in 2009 than using your piece**bleep** in 2018.

At this point, this shouldn't be "hope this gets fixed soon", it should be "it better be getting fixed soon".

Suggested posts