Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing: --enable-audio-graph has stopped giving option to select audio output device.

Solved!

Missing: --enable-audio-graph has stopped giving option to select audio output device.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been successfullly using the command line option "--enable-audio-graph" to select a different audio output device. The feature has been working for months.  That feature has stopped working suddenly.  As late as a few days ago, I opened Spotify using that option on the command line and I was given an additional Advanced Preference to select the audio output device I wanted to use.  Today, that preference has disappeared and I'm back to only using the default audio.

Anyone else having this problem?

Did something change in Spotify Desktop app?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Glen949 

Windows 10 has added a possibility to choose input and output devices per app. That's probably why the command no longer works either, probably conflicking in some way.

This is how to get to the settings:

1. Right-click on speaker icon on Taskbar's notification area, select "Open Sound Settings"

2. In Sound Settings scroll down to "Other sound options" and click on "App Volume And Device Preferences"

3. At the top you'll find general system-wide settings, below you find dedicated settings for each open app. You'll need to have Spotify open to see it there.

Windows will remember all of the settings. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks. 

One modification though...  You have to have Spotify running AND playing music for it to appear in the sound settings.  Took me a bit to figure that out.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Glen949 

Windows 10 has added a possibility to choose input and output devices per app. That's probably why the command no longer works either, probably conflicking in some way.

This is how to get to the settings:

1. Right-click on speaker icon on Taskbar's notification area, select "Open Sound Settings"

2. In Sound Settings scroll down to "Other sound options" and click on "App Volume And Device Preferences"

3. At the top you'll find general system-wide settings, below you find dedicated settings for each open app. You'll need to have Spotify open to see it there.

Windows will remember all of the settings. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Good idea. However, Spotify doesn't show up on the list of apps to modify:

audio_apps.png

Glen, I'm running into this exact same issue and I haven't found a solution.

Marked as solution

Thanks. 

One modification though...  You have to have Spotify running AND playing music for it to appear in the sound settings.  Took me a bit to figure that out.

I entered a reply before I saw someone had already noted that the app has to be runing and music has to be playing for the settings to show up.

What about the rest of us that don't have windows 10 running? My OS is Windows 8...

Suggested posts