Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Muffled Audio

Muffled Audio

Recently, the artists vocals for any song are extremely muffled. The words are barely able to be heard over the music which doesnt sound any louder than usual. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify to no avail. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to tell if my PC is at all to blame? I didnt have any problems till a week ago. 

6 Replies

I'm getting the same problem this week. Did you get any replies about it at all?

I am having same issue playing through WiFi speaker. However when connecting through bluetooth  it's ok. But I need WiFi as have multiple  WiFi speakers. Searched all over for fix

Hey @Sh00t1st

The issue might be caused by Windows sound settings. Please try out both of these settings. 🙂

1. Find the speaker icon on Taskbar, click on it and click the speaker icon on the opened volume slider. You'll have a small windows pop up.
2. Go to Enhancements and tick the box for disabling all sound effects.
3. Try disabling any additional sound enhancements as well such as Dolby and similar.

1. Search for Sound. You can also right-click on the speaker icon on Taskbar and select 'Sounds'.

You should see a slightly smaller window named 'Sound'.

2. Go to 'Communications' tab and set Windows to 'do nothing'.

3. Click OK.

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Tried this but am streaming  the music through my android phone through WiFi onto my WiFi speaker.  If using bluetooth  it's all ok. But as I have three WiFi speaker bluetooth ain't no use.

Muffled  audio still. Uninstalled Spotify reinstalled tried checking ino ettings on spotifynothing there I can sto help. streaming over wifi nothinghelping... please help someboy.

Having the same issues and that didn't work. 

Suggested posts