Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My currently played song is skipped and random playlist starts playing!

My currently played song is skipped and random playlist starts playing!

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a very annoying issue - I play a playlist ("Atmospheric Sci-fi Soundtracks") and all of a sudden, in the middle of a song, a rondom playlists starts playing (in my case Hip Hop playlists like "Legit Licks Nation", "This Is Hip Hop" and "Music On Demand"). My account is not only linked to facebook, but I've created it with via my facebook account, so I can't unlink it to see if this is the issue. I have created a new password on facebook and also unlinked all other devices that were connected with my Spotify account, so it's just the windows 10 software without any other interference from other linked apps.

Also, just 1 hour ago I left my PC and stopped my current song (but left Spotify software running) - all of a sudden, another random playlist starts playing.

How can this be?

I never listen to Hip Hop (basically, I hate that kind of music) - so why exactly is it playing exaclty playlists of that genre?

What's goint on here?

10 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for posting in the community !

It seems like your account had been taken over.

Please use this help guide to make sure you have followed all measures needed to secure you account.

If you're still experiencing odd plays on your account please reply to the post and we'll continue from there.

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi and thanks for your answer!

I doubt that this is the issue, but who knows, could be possible 🙂

I've created (again) a new password for facebook (16 random characters, including special characters) that I don't use anywhere else. Also enabled 2FA for facebook. Logged in to facebook and logged out on every device (this I haven't done before). Let's see if it helps.

The strange thing was that I didn't see any other connected devices that are connected to my Spotify account when it happend (bottom right menu in the Spotify application).

I will keep you updated!

Kind regards,

Michael

Hi!

I can't confirm that the issue is solved. I noticed that there is a "Web Player (Chrome)" connected with "Spotify Connect" that for sure isn't me (see attachment)! How can this be? I've changed my facebook password and cleaned "Where You're Logged In" completely. Also now I can only see my PC in "Where You're Logged In".

It's constantly skipping my songs and when I choose to pause, it automatically plays a new song after some time!

screenshot.png

Maybe this is related?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Subscriptions/Spotify-s-refusal-to-fix-security-issues/td-p/4523448

What is Spotify doing? If this doesn't get solved, I will cancel my subscription for sure. It's annoying that it skips my songs every minute -.-

And this?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Spotify-security-issues-with-premium-service-Beware/td-p/1...

If you're aware of such an issue, why are you keep telling to go through the "standard" procedure over and over?

As said before, I've also enabled TwoFactorAuthentication on facebook, so there is no chance that someone else uses my account without knowing the code that needs to be entered for a facebook login (a code that I get through SMS on my phone)

By the way: I can reproduce the issue on 2 different machines (at home and at work) - starting with a "clean" setup (facebook account without any connected devices other than the one I'm working with - and there I logged in with my new password and 2FA). So it's not a security issue on my PC either.

And another example:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Random-Music/td-p/4559461

The user changed his facebook password, logged out all connected devices (facebook and spotify), enabled 2FA on facebook -> the issue still exists.

So why are you telling people to reset their password 100 times when the issue is obviously in some other spot?

I am having exactly the same problem. Both on my Phone (Android) and the PC (Windows AND Ubuntu).

And i see similar issues being reported even from 5 years back. Spotify doesn't seem to respond much either.

I am also considering to discontinue my subscription if this doesn't get solved. Or at least if i don't hear from them that it will be solved in the near future.

So, this issue is being ignored completely? In the meantime my payed account expired and I use free mode. Good thing I didn't pay - the issue just occurs again right now. I play my playlist and all of a sudden some hip hop songs start playing (I can see that "Web Player (Chrome) - Spotify Connect" is connected, which isn't me. Guess this controls the songs I'm listening to.

How do you explain it after everything that I've done to create a new password/2FA, etc.?

Suggested posts