NEXT STEP

My laptop Spotify doesnt link to discord

My laptop Spotify doesnt link to discord

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I got spotify premium a few days ago so I wanted to use the Discord listen along feature with Spotify to listen music with my friends. I linked my Discord account with Spotify and tried the feature on my Desktop PC, it all worked correctly. The next day I run Spotify and Discord but this time on my laptop and at the moment of using the listen along feature i didnt listen to any music, it just opened my Spotify. Also discord didnt show any Listening Status, like if my laptop's Spotify wasnt recognized by discord. I have tried uninstalling both apps, rebooting my laptop and it still didnt work. Also I unlinked and linked my Spotify account with discord several times. The strangest thing is that when I turned on my Desktop PC and click the listen along feature in my discord at the laptop it reproduce the music but in the Desktop's Spotify and not in the laptop's.

1 Reply

Hey @itapia,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Don't worry we're here to help 🙂

Good job on checking first whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Also we recommend that you check the hosts file on your laptop for Spotify entries and remove any you may find. This Spotify Answer explains how to do so.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts