Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My play history and play queue disappeared

My play history and play queue disappeared

So... I use the Windows deskptop app, and about a week ago I was reading a music blog, clicked on a "Listen" link, and it unexpectedly opened the app.

While the desktop app loaded, the track didn't, so I decided to just listen to whatever was in my play queue, which is when I discovered it was empty.

I thought that perhaps clicking the "Listen" link on the blog and accidentally loading the track in Spotify might have cleared my play queue, so I looked at my history to try to discover what I was previously listening to and hopefully load it back into my queue.

That's when I discovered my play history had also disappeared.

I'd like my play history back, please.

And obviously for it to not disappear again.

Thanks.

spotify:user:comeongrabyourfriends
7 Replies

have you made sure you're logged into the same account?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yep.

spotify:user:comeongrabyourfriends

Ever sence the new UI update I have been unable to find where the history tab is located.  It used to be right next to the play queue, but I can't find it anymore.  This is on the web player, not the app, if that makes any difference.

The web player never had a history, as far as I know, and the Play Queue in it is pretty new.

To the original poster: that behaviour is by design, i.e. the Play Queue and its history is always deleted except for the last played song when you exit the desktop software in the File menu and restart it again. If you only click on the X in the upper right corner, the desktop software is only minimised and still active in the background for P2P purposes, so the Play Queue is not deleted then. At least that is how it works for me.

If you want to keep your songs, you have to save them to a playlist. This also works from the Play Queue by highlighting the first track and then all tracks either with Ctrl+A or in the Edit menu on top. Afterwards you can save them to a new playlist.

Hans is correct, the web player never had history as far as I am aware too?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes there is History - it's located within the Play Queue

So when under Play Queue you'll see your queue then a History button at the top, right next to it

Isn't that in the desktop Spotify? We where talking about the web player: https://play.spotify.com/queue

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts