Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again

If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again after the commercial. This can repeat itself several times. I'm using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827.

• If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again after the commercial. This can repeat itself several times. I'm using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist names are not individually clickable in the links which appear under the album art

When there are multiple artists present in a single song, their names are not individually clickable in the link under the album art. They are infact individually clickable inside the playlist view. In the attachment (Open image in a new tab to see f...

• When there are multiple artists present in a single song, their names are not individually clickable in the link under the album art. They are infact individually clickable inside the playlist view.&...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs Up Icon by Albums

What does this do? I was hoping it would sort the songs by "Popularity", but it unfortunately does not do that. It does put an upwards carrot character below the icon when I click it; again making me think it should be sorting the album. There is no ...

spo2.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • What does this do? I was hoping it would sort the songs by "Popularity", but it unfortunately does not do that. It does put an upwards carrot character below the icon when I click it; again making me...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify crashes, is it worth persisting?

Hi, I'm on a month's free trial of Premium. For the first couple of days I struggled with the common iOS issues on my phone, losing playlists, random connection problems and crashes even using wi-fi. Now my PC version has crashed, can't play any song...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm on a month's free trial of Premium. For the first couple of days I struggled with the common iOS issues on my phone, losing playlists, random connection problems and crashes even using wi-fi....
  • turtlemusketeer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Public collaborative playlist

I understand we can't make our collaborative playlist into public. But I think it would be a good idea if we can.Perhaps user permissions can be added so no one can just hi-jack the playlist.Anyway, is there a possibility that a feature like this is ...

• Casual Listener
  • I understand we can't make our collaborative playlist into public. But I think it would be a good idea if we can. Perhaps user permissions can be added so no one can just hi-jack the playlist. A...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Newer Music on playlist missing

I logged in this morning and all of the music I've added to my playlists since August of 2013 is missing. My account is due to renew in a few days and everything I've checked on my profile is correct. I don't have any way of recreating what I've down...

• Casual Listener
  • I logged in this morning and all of the music I've added to my playlists since August of 2013 is missing. My account is due to renew in a few days and everything I've checked on my profile is correct...
  • stess
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can no longer add tracks to "Starred" list; instead, clicking on 1st column gives a Check Mark

When I click on the plus sign in the first column on a play list or search result, I used to get a star. Now I get a check mark. And, when I go into my "Starred" play list, these songs with a check mark are not in the list. What happened, and how do ...

• Regular
  • When I click on the plus sign in the first column on a play list or search result, I used to get a star.  Now I get a check mark.  And, when I go into my "Starred" play list, these songs wi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs added to the wrong playlist

Hi, I have two playlists, the default Radio Favorites and my own. After adding some songs to my own playlist I start radio playing for this (my own) playlist. When rating a playing song with "Thumb up", why is the song added to default Radio Favorite...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I have two playlists, the default Radio Favorites and my own.   After adding some songs to my own playlist I start radio playing for this (my own) playlist.   When ra...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify UI is terrible

The new Spotify UI is awful. The change from stars to "your music" is weird. If you're going to take away stars, then at least explain the new functions when you force roll onto subscribers. Also, while you can drag/drop your starred playlist into th...

• Casual Listener
  • The new Spotify UI is awful.  The change from stars to "your music" is weird.  If you're going to take away stars, then at least explain the new functions when you force roll onto subscribe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 32 likes

Feature from discover page is missing since new GUI

Hello Since you launched the new GUI I cant seem to "vote" on the discover page anymore that I like or dislike the suggestion or have I missed something?

• Visitor
  • Hello   Since you launched the new GUI I cant seem to "vote" on the discover page anymore that I like or dislike the suggestion or have I missed something?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Access Withdrawn

Hi, Ive read a few of the other posts but havent been able to solve it. I keep getting this message on my laptop and then it deletes my saved playlist. This happens roughly every 2 weeks. i have only 3 devices on the account with offline access and s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Ive read a few of the other posts but havent been able to solve it.   I keep getting this message on my laptop and then it deletes my saved playlist. This happens roughly ever...
  • BarnesChrisJ91
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

all songs are gone

after the new look i move all the songs i starred to the "songs" thing under "my music" my computer crashed now i look in the "songs" thing and there is no music there and because i moved them all form "starred", there's nothing in the "starred" play...

• after the new look i move all the songs i starred to the "songs" thing under "my music"   my computer crashed   now i look in the "songs" thing and there is no music there   ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Music" lost

I really like the idea of "Your Music", so I moved over all of my playlists to "Songs" and deleted most of my playlists a day ago. However, it looks like it didn't sync or save so now I lost all of my music. Any help or ideas?

• I really like the idea of "Your Music", so I moved over all of my playlists to "Songs" and deleted most of my playlists a day ago.  However, it looks like it didn't sync or save so now I lost al...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help Please - Ahhhhhhh

Hi I still cant get my head round the new Spotify. The background colours dont help so you cant see theup and down bar on the right hand side. Also having double spacing doesnt help due to fact it now takes ages to look at all the songs I have got on...

• Regular
  • Hi   I still cant get my head round the new Spotify. The background colours dont help so you cant see theup and down bar on the right hand side. Also having double spacing doesnt help due ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music breaks

I occasionally find a repeatable problem in some tracks, but there seems nowhere to report these. Only 'bugs' (in the program) seem to have a place. In "British Dance Bands 124 Dance Bands Classics" The second track "Love is sweetest thing" has a sil...

• Casual Listener
  • I occasionally find a repeatable problem in some tracks, but there seems nowhere to report these. Only 'bugs' (in the program) seem to have a place. In "British Dance Bands 124 Dance Bands C...
  • nandrews1000
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nice looking but terribly buggy newdesktop UI

The newly updatet desktop version of Spotify looks nice, however an option to switch between a black, gray or white interface would be nice, I think it’s a little bit to dark for me.. But there are too many bugs, too many new options I do not underst...

• Regular
  • The newly updatet desktop version of Spotify looks nice, however an option to switch between a black, gray or white interface would be nice, I think it’s a little bit to dark for me.. But there are...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred Favorites on Downloaded Player Missing. Still Available on Web Player.

My starred favorites are gone on desktop player but still on webplayer. This morning I had the traditional interface on the desktop player, then tonight it was totally new and my starred music was completely gone. I tried a uninstall and reinstall as...

• My starred favorites are gone on desktop player but still on webplayer.   This morning I had the traditional interface on the desktop player, then tonight it was totally new and my starred m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to star/favorite songs in the new design?

How can I star/favorite a song in the new dark design? As it is now it's far from obvious and I consider myself somewhat tech savvy. The only idea that got to my mind was clicking the + as shown in the image below but it doesn't favorite the song whe...

ScreenShot006.jpg
  • Roadie
  • How can I star/favorite a song in the new dark design? As it is now it's far from obvious and I consider myself somewhat tech savvy. The only idea that got to my mind was clicking the + as shown in t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Spotify stopped working (Can't open and can't uninstall)

Hey everyone, Spotify has recently stopped working on my windows 8.1.1 64bit. When I try to open spotify I get a standard error message (screencap as attachment) which includes this information: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Applica...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone,   Spotify has recently stopped working on my windows 8.1.1 64bit. When I try to open spotify I get a standard error message (screencap as attachment) which includes this inform...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add all music of playlists to "my music" section by one ?

Hi all, I've just installed the new version (0.9.8.226). I have about 800 playlists (1 album = 1 playlist). I am interested about the new "my music" section, but is there a way ton add all them by one clic ? If i have to drag each playlist to the "ti...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   I've just installed the new version (0.9.8.226).   I have about 800 playlists (1 album = 1 playlist). I am interested about the new "my music" section, but is there a wa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes