Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify team, please give an official Statement - when can we expect an new version?

Dear Spotify team, a lot of users have complained about the new user interface. Main points are: - Huge waste of space - Colors far too dark - Stars have gone - No possibilty to customize the design Please give an official statement: Will there be an...

• Music Fan
  • Dear Spotify team,   a lot of users have complained about the new user interface. Main points are:   - Huge waste of space - Colors far too dark - Stars have gone - No possibi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio Station Population

I decided to give Spotify radio a try and transitioning off of Pandora. I can see that I can start a radio station based on a playlist of songs. My question is, if you add songs to that playlist does the new songs help add to the radio selection, or ...

• I decided to give Spotify radio a try and transitioning off of Pandora. I can see that I can start a radio station based on a playlist of songs. My question is, if you add songs to that playlist does...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly change playlist

Hi, I often use my Spotify Premium account on my work computer running Win 8.1 latestes update etc. Spotify version 0.9.8.... (why don't you take the step and make a version 1??) Today I have at least 4 times experinced that the playlist I was listni...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I often use my Spotify Premium account on my work computer running Win 8.1 latestes update etc. Spotify version 0.9.8.... (why don't you take the step and make a version 1??)   ...
  • cbreum
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays the wrong track

Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart Both play "Would I lie to you?" by some early 90ies one hit wonder instead of the correct song.

• Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart Marc Almond & Gene Pitney – Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart   Both play "Would I lie to you?" by some early 90ie...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Starred list gone on PC

My starred song list is gone on my PC but is still there on my mobile versions. What happened? how do i get it back? Very annoying

• My starred song list is gone on my PC but is still there on my mobile versions. What happened? how do i get it back? Very annoying
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All of my playlists completely gone after 0.9.8.296g update - Resolved!

What's going on? I have Windows 8.1 running on my desktop and I was right in the middle of a song when Spotify kicked me out and updated without asking. Very disappointed! I read a bit, and went to recover deleted playlists in case they would be ther...

• Casual Listener
  • What's going on? I have Windows 8.1 running on my desktop and I was right in the middle of a song when Spotify kicked me out and updated without asking. Very disappointed!   I read a bit, an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Want your Starred interface back? Here's how.

I wrote a guide a while back, here's the link. Re: To divide my tracks in albums - is that possib... - Page 2 - The Spotify Community Note that Spotify has the ability to kill this fix any time they feel like it. And has once in the past.

• Roadie
  • I wrote a guide a while back, here's the link.   Re: To divide my tracks in albums - is that possib... - Page 2 - The Spotify Community   Note that Spotify has the ability to kill t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New playlists not visible on user profiles on latest version

Only top 50 playlist are visible on the users profile. This way if you have more than 50 playlists any new ones will never be visible!? I have shared my latest monthly playlist on music communities on FB and it have now reached as many subscribers to...

• Music Fan
  • Only top 50 playlist are visible on the users profile. This way if you have more than 50 playlists any new ones will never be visible!? I have shared my latest monthly playlist on music communit...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Library!

Where do i find the library in the new release?The library was the only feature where i could see all my new added songs (of 20 different playlists) in one overview.

• Where do i find the library in the new release? The library was the only feature where i could see all my new added songs (of 20 different playlists) in one overview. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug or "feature"? 60min + songs length format

Hi, Songs over 60 minutes seams to appear truncated. This is not a showstopper But its abit annoying. An example is Sleep - Dopesmoker 63m34s length. In old version all is fine. New version shows 1:03. This is correct, but its not realy informative. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Songs over 60 minutes seams to appear truncated.  This is not a showstopper 😛 But its abit annoying.   An example is Sleep - Dopesmoker 63m34s length. In old version all is fin...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in Offline mode

Hey Spotify peeps. I've been enjoying my month trial of premium and love it, expect for one huge, major and unexcusable problem which has me deciding to not continue with premium - and that is the dreaded "Stuck in Offline mode" issue. Spotify works ...

• Regular
  • Hey Spotify peeps.   I've been enjoying my month trial of premium and love it, expect for one huge, major and unexcusable problem which has me deciding to not continue with premium - and tha...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Various artists as album artist whn the album is by one band/artist only

SometimesI have difficulty finding a certain album when I start with looking up the artist and listing the albums of that artist. F.i. the album 'Operators Manual' by 'The Buzzcocks'. If I look up the Buzzcocks it's not mentioned in their list of alb...

• Regular
  • SometimesI have difficulty finding a certain album when I start with looking up the artist and listing the albums of that artist. F.i. the album 'Operators Manual' by 'The Buzzcocks'. If I look up th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Heavy CPU load when moving Spotify window

After updating Spotify to the latest version (The dark ages version) version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 I notice a very high CPU load on spotify.exe *32 when moving the Spotify window, about 10-25%. The same thing happens if I move another window ontop of t...

• After updating Spotify to the latest version (The dark ages version) version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827 I notice a very high CPU load on spotify.exe *32 when moving the Spotify window, about 10-25%. The sam...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

wrong songs

idk if it's just a my problem but i can't find any solutions, online and on my brother's desktop for the same songs there aren't any problems but on the program they are wrong, really different songs or with voices not of the songs like 'six degrees ...

• idk if it's just a my problem but i can't find any solutions, online and on my brother's desktop for the same songs there aren't any problems but on the program they are wrong, really different songs...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug (Windows) - Plays song from different album (not equivalent track number from other album)

This one is a bit tricky: Description: I opened Lionel Richies profile on Spotify. I scrolled 7 albums down to Live (2007) and selected song number 13 out of 14, All Night Long - Live from Bercy Arena. Spotify on the other hand, thought that I rather...

bug2.jpg
  • Gig Goer
  • This one is a bit tricky:   Description: I opened Lionel Richies profile on Spotify. I scrolled 7 albums down to Live (2007) and selected song number 13 out of 14, All Night Long - Live fr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select tracks in an album view if I clicked into the album from "Your Music"->"Albums" view

If I'm in the "Your Music"->"Albums" view and I click into an album, I can't select any of the tracks in that view

• Roadie
  • If I'm in the "Your Music"->"Albums" view and I click into an album, I can't select any of the tracks in that view
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestion: Highlighting Playing vs Reviewing

In the new version, it's not easily identifiable which playist is playing versus one which is being looked at. I see the Speaker icon to the right of the playlist, but it would be better to have more. Such as italics the playing list or change the co...

• Regular
  • In the new version, it's not easily identifiable which playist is playing versus one which is being looked at. I see the Speaker icon to the right of the playlist, but it would be better to have...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My post from yesterday...

Spotify, shame of you. Deleting posts that are critical of you is a bad business to be in. Yesterday i created this community account and i posted one message. Today that message is gone and i am unable to find it. It was critical of your latest upda...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify, shame of you. Deleting posts that are critical of you is a bad business to be in.   Yesterday i created this community account and i posted one message.   Today that messag...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again

If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again after the commercial. This can repeat itself several times. I'm using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827.

• If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again after the commercial. This can repeat itself several times. I'm using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes