Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Desktop Experience: Rollback instructions

New Desktop Experience: Rollback instructions

This is buried in the New Desktop Experience thread. I'm submitting it here so that people can actually find it. 

@ymmv99 wrote:

It's possible to roll back the updates and block any future updates. Just google "reddit Script to roll back latest update on Windows PC."

I can't post the URL since Spotify is considering posts that contain the link spam...

Do not include the quotes when you enter the search into google.

If anyone knows how to rollback on OS X please add instructions on how to google to find instructions.

2 Replies

For instructions on how to prevent Spotify from auto-updating after the rollback I have found two sets of instructions. 

• Youtube: paste this into google: "site:youtube.com How to disable Spotify from auto updating PERMANENTLY - Complete Guide 2019". Do not include the quotes.
  • Reddit: paste this into google: "site:reddit.com Tried basically everything to reverse the last update but it doesn't seem to be possible. This update will heavily influence the time I spent on spotify how can they make it so difficult to "use old spotify". I'm on Windows10." Do not include the quotes.

Alright Mac users, I have a temporary rollback solution. 

Try "download old versions of spotify mac" in google and one of the links will be to a "spotify.en.uptodown" website, which has older versions of spotify available to download. I've found success with version 1.1.39.612.

Unfortunately, you will need to delete spotify off your computer (including Library/Application Support/Spotify) before installing the older version. So any downloaded playlists would have to be re-downloaded. And some other settings will reset to default. 

Oh, and Spotify will auto-update back to the newest version once you restart it. Sometimes after the second restart. 

Suggested posts