Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Random Playlist That I Didn't Make?

New Random Playlist That I Didn't Make?

Hello, Spotify community and / or Spotify.

So, a new playlist appeared on my account under the title 'New Playlist'. I supposedly added them all 8 days ago, and some of them are stuff that I have on other playlists but most of them are from artists I've never heard of and songs I would never listen to. Did I click some "Generate a playlist" button or something? I just don't understand how this playlist is here.

3 Replies

Hello!

Many of the Apps in Spotify can generate playlists (you would have to press"add to playlists", though), do you use any of the apps in Spotify? Otherwise, do you think someone else is using your account?

Hope this helps 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

If you think someone is using your account click here and try posting here, you should get a response fairly quick, also you would want to change your password, and if you want to your email. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hey, a misclick could have done that. If you have a bunch of tracks from different artists selected and right click/add to/new playlist they end up in a playlist called "New Playlist". You can also do it by dragging those tracks onto New Playlist in the left-hand panel so I'm inclined to think you may have created it accidentally.

By all means, watch out for any other strangeness and delete the unwanted playlist in the meantime.

Suggested posts