Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Explicit Filter?

No Explicit Filter?

So let me see if I've got this straight.  You want me to pay for Premium, but you are incapable of coming up with a way for me to block explicit songs?  This should take a developer worth his salt about half a day to implement.  Its mind boggling that this still hasn't been done. 

2 Replies

Hey @acemiller6

I understand your frustration on this.

I do have some good news as Spotify is testing the Explicit Content filter for Android and iOS users (you can read about this test here).

Meanwhile I suggest giving upvotes and leaving feedback on the Explicit Button idea. 🙂

Note: If you're able to test the feature on your Android / iOS device, please remember that the explicit tag metadata is not perfect - not all explicit songs are marked as such by the uploading labels/distributors. I've seen many clean songs (even instrumentals) marked as 'Explicit' and the other way around.

Have a lovely day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

After years of being one of the most requested features, Spotify has finally released an explicit filter. For more info see https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/content-censor/

Suggested posts