No filter options on Desktop

No filter options on Desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Windows 10 desktop

My Question or Issue

Went onto spotify app on desktop yesterday and have noticed couple issues. Firstly a playlist i share with my friends was showing around 3 hours shorter than it actually is even though I have the option selected to have the playlist downloaded. Other issue is that when looking at the playlist I no longer have the columns with filter options including the user column which used to show me who added tracks and when they were added. Its almost as if my desktop app is operating like the web based app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can also confirm that going to the menu top left and then view I do not have the option to select friends activity, only shows zoom in, zoom out, reset zoom and hardware acceleration. I have also tried several times to uninstall and reinstall several times.

5 Replies

Have you updated your desktop app? Maybe try doing a full clean reinstall if you haven't (Remember to delete the caches too).

Hello @taking_five

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. 

This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. 

If you're not happy with the current update, I'd recommend taking a look at this IdeaIf that's something that you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic, so you'll be notified with all the updates on it.

You can also submit a more specific idea in the Idea Exchange e.g. regarding the sorting options. 

For more details on how to do it, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

I hope this info helps!

Sorry for late response, tried this alreay multiple times and didn't work. I used someone else's log in and it gave the actual desktop view so its linked to my account.

Hey there, I checked out the idea, tried another log in and its definitely the same issue as another user was able to have the proper desktop view so it must be linked to my profile.

Hi @taking_five

Thanks for getting back to me!

It's possible that new features or new interface gets rolled out gradually or just for some accounts. That's why you only see the new UI on one of your accounts.

If your're interested in the previous interface, I'd recommend adding your +VOTE on that Idea

Here are also some additional ideas:

[Desktop] Allow an optional switch between desktop and web player look on desktop app

[Desktop] Bring back the ability to add local files to library!,

[Desktop] Bring back add album to queue option,

[Desktop] Restore the Date Added column,

[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back Sorting options.

Your comments and votes really help Spotify get a good impression of what are the expectations of the Community. 

Let ma know if you have any further questions! 

Suggested posts