Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound before selecting This Computer (again) in Devices Available

No sound before selecting This Computer (again) in Devices Available

Plan

Premium (Duo)

Country

Denmark, Europe

Device + Operating System

Lenovo laptop, Windows 10 Pro, all the latest updates

It might be linked to listing on my phone in the car via Bluetooth:

OnePlus 5, Android 9, OxygenOS 9.0.10.

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify

I've had this problem for a few months. First I had no idea why there was no sound, when I first resumed my Windows 10 from hibernation in the morning and using my mouse button shortcut to press Play for the music. Opening Spotify from tray and it seemed to play but no sound. Finally I found out, I had to click on This Computer in the Devices Available menu - even though it was already "Listening on This Computer". I say it again, it was already selected, but clicking it gets the sound to my earphones.

Is there any kind of log I can attach or anything I can do to help you fix this? And is it only me that experiences this (no hits in the search)?

SvendKoustrup_1-1583305789736.png

Best regards

SvendK

Also - the email verification required page is bugged, see below.

SvendKoustrup_0-1583305771264.png

5 Replies

1. Open Run prompt by pressing Windows key and R, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
  2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers section by pressing the arrow next to it. Select your audio card, right-click it and select Update driver > Search automatically for updated drivers.

can try more fix methods on 2020 guide https://geeksadvice.com/fix-sound-problems-in-windows/

Hi GeeksAdvice

Thank you for your reply. This is not a general sound problem in Windows or in my computer - sound is just fine elsewere, but when I try to start the music in Spotify, I sometimes have to select "This Computer" in the Devices Available-menu - even though it is already selected. You link also suggest that Windows should have a problem.

I did try getting new drivers, though, and there was none.

SvendKoustrup_1-1583782513166.png

Anything Spotify-related would be great, thanks 🙂

This is still an issue once-in-a-while. Not that often than before, though.

Since the last update (last week?), Spotify on Desktop plays, but there's no sound. It is NOT a general sound issue. I'd like to try Svend's solution, but my laptop is not connected to any devices, as I use my phone for Chromecast, BT, etc.

Can't find any mentions of this issue in the community.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not leading to any issues. 

If that doesn't help, it's also a good idea to follow these steps and check the hosts file.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts