Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound from Spotify app in Win7 but all else works well?

Solved!

No sound from Spotify app in Win7 but all else works well?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 7

A few days ago the Win7 Spotify app ceased producing any sound from the auxiliary jack on my laptop. I can still play Spotify using the web app, but I lose all keyboard functionality by doing so. 

All other sound outputs in my laptop are unaffected. It's only the Spotify app that will not output sound. I've tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling with no result. I don't think its a corrupted windows file or all sound would be gone. 

Any suggestions as to how to fix this? 

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Check your audio drivers for windows delete them the reinstall them

View solution in original post

7 Replies

One more thing - I can still get sound from bluetooth. So the app will play through my headphones but simply not the aux jack 😕

Hey @markfslater,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this one.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

If that doesn't fix things, it's a good idea to check for any updates available for your OS and drivers. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for getting back. Sadly yes, done the uninstall several times and no result.

What's puzzling is that everything else works okay and I can get audio output via bluetooth from the app. So my first guess is that there's some sort of bug in the app itself; unless there's something hidden elsewhere I can delete or edit?

Hey @markfslater,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please double check that the right sound output device is selected in Windows when using the Aux jack? Also, what could you share the make and model of the device you're trying to connect? Does the same issue come up with another device as well?

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Check your audio drivers for windows delete them the reinstall them

I downloaded the audio drivers from HP, over installed. The reinstalled the app and it worked. I suspect it might have been a corrupt file somewhere. Possibly .dll?

Thanks for all help

No problemo !

Suggested posts