NEXT STEP

No sync between desktop and mobile app

No sync between desktop and mobile app

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I've been experiencing an annoying issue for the last few days. It seems like the desktop app and the mobile app are not synced, when I play something from the desktop, my phone doesn't detect it and I can even play a different song from spotify mobile app at the same time. The weird thing is that the mobile app and the web app are synced, they work well, but the desktop app seems to be broken.
I try clearing cache, login out, messing with offline mode, reinstalling, rebooting the pc... Nothing worked so far.
I have the latest version of Spotify so I doubt the version could be an issue.

121 Replies

Web and mobile (iOS) work fine but desktop app (Win 11) can't connect and see my other devices.

I had the same problem but the older version worked.

I just started to get the same issue, I think it started when I reinstalled Spotify.

So, when I log back into My desktop or reboot, Spotify auto updates to the new version meaning I have to uninstall and reinstall the old version every time.

there doesn’t seem to be a way to stop this from happening - @spotify, please sort this out, I’m paying you for this service and since the last update myself and many others are having this issue!

Comment on this thread.

Hi! i've tried this one, the desktop app and mobile phone is not syncing or playing together but i've tried the web player it syncs with the iphone.

Yeah, that’s known now. It’s the desktop client that is the issue for some reason.

Installing an older version (1.17) works but as soon as you log off or restart your machine, Spotify auto updates to the latest version, I can’t find a way of stopping this.

I've been having the exact same issue as most of the later users on this problem. The desktop app just won't sync with the web and mobile versions.

Discord would show my listening activity when I'm listening on my phone and chrome, but won't when I'm using the desktop app. Noticed this problem when the most recent update dropped too. I was searching all over for a fix and none of them worked, none of the previous methods worked for me either. This issue is driving me nuts!

Hopefully there'll be a solution soon, for now I'll just have to roll with an older version.

Same issue, and older version fixed it.

I just got this issue yesterday. I'm assuming there's something wrong with the Desktop version of Spotify since all my other devices are regularly working and syncing. Hopefully, they'll update it soon with a fix cause I'd hate to go back to an old version, but it's the only working solution right now.

I've had this issue for the last couple of days. I noticed it because nothing that I was listening on the computer was scrobbling to last.fm.

I've been trying to fix it for three hours and the ONLY thing that worked was going back to an older version of the desktop app (v1.1.86).

Do better, Spotify. Y'all owe me an ibuprofen.

Web and mobile (iOS) work fine but desktop app (Win 11) can't connect and see my other devices. + discord problem

when will the new update be released?

How to fix this problem??

Attention everyone! I was struggling with this for like a week but now there's a new update and the problem has been fixed it works just fine now

Where did you get the update from? What is the version number please? My Spotify recently updated to Spotify for Windows
1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b and it STILL has the same issue.

The new version of spotify (1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe) solved the problem

Amazing, there is an update waiting on the Help, About section of Spotify - Spotify for Windows
1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe - Just installed and everything appears to be working for now!

I don't see any update in my app.
current version: 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b

There are no updates in the microsoft store.

That’s really lame! Maybe it’s just taking a while to push out?

have you closed and re-opened Spotify?

Yeah, I don’t imagine they’d have the latest one to be honest!

have you checked in Spotify for the update?

Suggested posts