Free

Country

United States of America

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Problem/Question

This isn't super important (hence the non urgent in the title) but whenever I play local files on Spotify the cover doesn't show up in my Discord status. It shows up on Spotify, and on Discord it shows all the right info, but it doesn't show the album cover. Again, I don't really care, but I'd like to know if I can change this.

7 Replies

Hey there @JPopRoxz,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

It would be great if you can provide us a screenshot? This will make us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

[snip - Moderator edit]

This is what it looks like. It works on Spotify but on Discord it doesn't show the cover

Hi again @JPopRoxz,

Thanks for the screenshot.

You can try to make sure that the album art is 300x300 pixels and that there are no special symbols like emotes, apostrophes and commas in the name of the songs. As this causes sync issues with local files sometimes.

Also just as a heads up, some users report that album cover arts for local files never display for them on their discord status.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there a way to show your local file songs as your status on spotify besides checking your status yourself? I checked my main account to see if it'll show but it does not. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

Hey @RiyasatR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the time you took sending the feedback. Keep in mind that it's currently expected that the info from your Local Files doesn't show up as the metadata is stored within your device and not the Spotify app directly, hence why it isn't properly shared through third party apps like Discord.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, the Community will be here to help.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You guys should add the display for local files I mean the cover art should display too after reading the metadata of the file , including the cover.. it will look really good

Hi it's been two years, still no progress 😞

It would be really nice if you guys develop the feature because my files are only plain mp3 without cover art nor artists name etc. I actually only have local files in my playlist because the majority of my songs are not on spotify, and for the ones that are on spotify I just keep a local copy anyways. So I basically just use spotify as a mp3 player, weird I know.

Maybe it would be easy to implement just displaying the song name.

I'll try not to forget to look here later if someone is going to reply, because I never use this community thing and I just registered. Hopefully my spotify client would display a notification or something.

Suggested posts