Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline storage setting is ignored, how do I stop Spotify from filling up C drive?

Offline storage setting is ignored, how do I stop Spotify from filling up C drive?

Plan

Premium

Country

NZ

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 11 (upgraded from Windows 10 with Spotify already installed)

My Question or Issue

I have set the offline storage to a directory on E drive, but Spotify continues to update appdata on C drive.  I now have 10GB on C and 300MB on E.  The last-updated date on the files show they are still being updated on C.

The offline storage setting does not seem to work.

There are a few articles around the web with instructions for creating a junction link in appdata to point the data directory elsewhere.  Is this the only working solution?

1 Reply

Hey there @Les492

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the same happens using a different PC?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your PC.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts