Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On new session, queue repeats playlist from weeks ago

On new session, queue repeats playlist from weeks ago

Hi!

About 6 weeks ago I queued up a bunch of songs to play on a bluetooth speaker from my desktop Spotify.

The problem is, whenever Spotify re-launches when I turn my PC on now, it still has the same songs queued. I've cleared the queue probably 30-odd times (tried both the 'Clear' button and Ctrl+A/Del) and it's still happening. If I open Spotify up and play a new playlist, one song will play fine, but as soon as you press play the queue magically re-appears.

Anyone got any ideas for how to clear it forever? It's worth noting that I use both the Android app and another instance of Spotify desktop (Windows also) at home, and I have no problems with either of those getting stuck.

2 Replies

I have similar issue. Whenever Spotify opens, it restores a state from at least couple of weeks back. It is at the same song, and the playlist shows same upcoming "random songs".
Sometimes I can change the current state by going to another playlist, playing a song there and then coming back to my main playlist and start listening. Then it will remember that song which I played first when coming back to the playlist until I do the same again.

Hey! I think I got a fix. Go to the tray icon of Spotify & hit 'Exit'/end the session through Task Manager. On restarting my PC seems to have fixed the issue totally, I'm guessing Windows wasn't ending the task properly or similar when I shut down my PC. 

Thank god, if I had to hear the same song one more time in the morning...

Suggested posts