Premium

Country

United States

Device

Dell Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Song playback syncs between all my devices rather well, among my phone, Macbook, Dell laptop... but not my Dell Desktop with the Spotify app. For this computer, the browser web player will sync, but not the Spotify desktop app. It's almost like it's on a separate account. It can play songs, but it does not sync with other devices. If I press the devices button in lower-right corner (see screenshot), it is not aware of any other devices. I've tried everything I can think of on this machine. I uninstalled, cleared out anything under AppData I can find (but I could have missed something), reinstalled. I've done this several times. Is there anything else I can try?

sadastronaut_0-1643987068566.png

Thanks,

5 Replies

Hey @sadastronaut,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is a work/ school PC or if it's being used in a work/ school network? This behavior is sometimes present when a Firewall or networking restrictions are in place on the computer.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, this is a work PC. Are there any workarounds for that?

Hey @sadastronaut,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services. In this case it's a good idea to contact the service provider of the original network for more information.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

Hello! I noticed this problem too.

It seems like it is an issue with the latest update. All I did was download an older version of Spotify (1.1.74.631) and that seemed to fix everything. It seems like the latest update we have now is disconnected from the other Spotify versions as the latest one has problems with device detection and syncing issues with other players like the web player and Spotify app.

Hi @jerh,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Could you try clearing your Hosts file using these steps and check again if the issue persists with the latest update? Even if the article I sent you is for a different topic, the steps are the same.

Also, does the same happen if you use the Web Player or is the issue isolated to the app? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts