Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Option "Add to profile" not available on most playlists

Option "Add to profile" not available on most playlists

Over the years i have created many playlists.

But i noticed that the option "Add to profile" is only available on some of them.

See screenshots below.

The playlist "Klassiek" has the option.

The playlist "Requiem" does not have the option.

Any thoughts on how this is possible?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-01-13 111030.png

Screenshot 2022-01-13 111123.png

  

6 Replies

Hi there @Pauliedebaulie,

thanks for reaching out !

I'd recommend starting off with a clean reinstall following the steps provided here.

In addition, please check if the option shows on your other devices such as your mobile device for example.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hi and thank you for responding.

I did as you said but it doesn't help unfortunately. Btw i have windows 11 installed.

Of course i could copy the playlist, but then the date added for all songs will be the same. I do like to know when a song was added...

Thanks,

Pauliedebaulie

Hey @Pauliedebaulie,

Thanks for the info.

It's a good idea to try restarting your PC, log out and then back in to the account to see if anything changes.

Just to double-check-can you see the option when you try adding a playlist to your profile while using another device?

Could you also share with us if these playlists had this option previously? 

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As far as I can tell it's because the devs at spotify mangled the "make private/public" functionality and the "add/remove to/from profile" option. If you go on a mobile device, the playlists for which you don't have the add to profile option will have a make public option, which will then mean that you can add it to your profile. The reason for this is that you had it set to private before the devs decided they had to rebrand, meaning that you have the new system being broken by the legacy system.... You would normally expect better from some of the best software devs in the world, but everyone makes mistakes.

I'm having the exact same issue. The only workaround was to view the playlist on mobile and choose "Make public" from those options. After doing that, the option "Add to profile" became visible on desktop. Sounds like ConstantinWaquet has it right and the new code and old code are causing a bug.

Is this on the radar to be fixed for the desktop app? The "Make public" option should have been listed on desktop and not just on mobile.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback in this thread.

We can confirm that this is the current functionality. The set to private / public option isn't available on desktop but only on mobile.

Note: setting a playlist to private means, no one else will be able to access it, even with a link. Making a playlist that is on one's profile private will also automatically remove it from the profile and everyone who has followed the playlist will lose access to it until it is made public again.

As for now we don't have any information when the Private / Public option will roll out on desktop.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts