Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Organizing playlists into folders

Organizing playlists into folders

I'm using Spotify 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1 on Windows and cannot, for the life of me, drag existing playlists into playlist folders.

I tried dragging playlists onto folder from the side bar (dragging the list items onto the folder items with the arrow dropdown indicator) or dragging playlists onto the main screen of a playlist folder, when selected, but neither method work.

For instance, here I'm dragging a playlist on an open folder: the mouse pointer changes to an arrow with a "+" sign, but when I release the button, the selected playlist is reordered but not added to the folder.

tmp.png

10 Replies

I am having the same problem. If this bug is a bug, please fix asap!

Hello!

Have you reinstalled the client? It is weird that you mention that. I am able to do so. I literally just attempted to create a folder and put existing playlists in it and it worked.

Which Windows version do you have? I am running Windows 10, 64 bit with the Spotify version 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1

Attaching proof:

Marked in red my just created folder.

Hi KYo - I uninstalled and re-installed Spotify yesterday to try and fix this but it didn't work. I'm running the same - Windows 10 64 bit, Spotify version 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1. 

Same as the original post, when I drag an existing playlist onto the folder, the mouse turns into a + icon, but when you drop it, the playlist moves next to the folder, not into it.

Hello liz651!

I got a few questions. After you uninstalled, did you delete the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify folder?

If not, try it.

Other option is to delete the cache. Head to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage and delete all the files and folders in it.

Try doing any of those.

If still nothing happens, let me know and I'll try to think of something.

Best of luck!

Hi,

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify (and deleted the local app data folder), but the issue persists: I'm still unable to drag playlistf onto folders just like before. 😞

I have tried Desktop Spotify on another computer and I appear to be able to organize playlists in folders as intended.

As unlikely as it seems, the only obvious difference between these computers is their resolution and thus whether Spotify works in High-DPI mode or not.

In High DPI mode (on the high resolution Surface Pro 3) adding a playlist to a folder does not work.

This is the stupid workaround I found:

I create inside the new folder (nummber one) another empty folder (right click on the first one and select create folder). NOW I can move playlists to folder number one. After I moved at least one playlist there, I get rid of the still empty folder number 2 that is inside the first one.

Thanks everyone for the help. I have a Surface Pro 3 so I'm using the workaround with great success!

I can confirm as well: thanks for the workaround, it also works (for some unknown reason 😄) on my Surface Pro 3!

I can confirm:

A) the same issue which has been present for a couple of months on my 5K (Hi Res) mac using windows 10.

B) Work around works for me.

However I will add I do not have the problem with spotify running in hi-res on the mac OS.

Suggested posts