Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

64 Bit Version on Windows soon?

Is there going to be an 64 Bit version for Windows any time soon?

• Is there going to be an 64 Bit version for Windows any time soon?
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! My windows client will not import windows media player playlists. Nothing happens when I click.

Does WMP need to be installed in order to import playlists? If so, given my windows 8 does not include WMP (it cannot be installed), how can I get my playlists into spotify. I have imported my music library already, but the massive missing link for m...

• Visitor
  • Does WMP need to be installed in order to import playlists?   If so, given my windows 8 does not include WMP (it cannot be installed), how can I get my playlists into spotify.  I have i...
  • sperguy
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! View my friends playlists

I can't find the list with all my firends where i can view theire playlists, where do i find this now?

• Regular
  • I can't find the list with all my firends where i can view theire playlists, where do i find this now?
  • iveeforbes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Error 412

I have searched these forums for an answer but nothing seems to have worked. Every time I try to log in I keep getting the 412 Error http://i.imgur.com/b5mMMM7.png I have uninstalled/reinstalled about four times now. Restarted between them, cleared l...

• Regular
  • I have searched these forums for an answer but nothing seems to have worked.   Every time I try to log in I keep getting the 412 Error http://i.imgur.com/b5mMMM7.png   I have u...
  • Juli3n_b
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Support for High-DPI screens Windows

This was posted two months ago by someone else, but I feel that it is too important to be ignored. I have a QHD resolution Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop, and I use Spotify almost constantly. However, I almost never use the desktop app; with DPI scaling, t...

• This was posted two months ago by someone else, but I feel that it is too important to be ignored. I have a QHD resolution Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop, and I use Spotify almost constantly. However, I al...
  • ogarza
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 86 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 86 likes

Solved!! No puedo abrir Spotify

Hola gente Lo primero dar las gracias por el soporte y la ayuda que prestáis. Quisiera informaros de que desde hace unos días no puedo abrir mi Spotify, pruebo pero se queda cargando y finalmente deja de cargar y no abre el programa. Pense en desinst...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola gente Lo primero dar las gracias por el soporte y la ayuda que prestáis. Quisiera informaros de que desde hace unos días no puedo abrir mi Spotify, pruebo pero se queda cargando y finalmente...
  • SirPaulusV
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SpotifyWebHelper has stopped working

Everyday, I get this error message about 12 times everyday and it's very annoying... Is there anyway to fix this or stop it from coming up? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SpotifyWebHelper.exe Application Version: 0....

SpotifyWebHelper
  • Regular
  •  Everyday, I get this error message about 12 times everyday and it's very annoying... Is there anyway to fix this or stop it from coming up?     Problem signature: Problem...
  • Gundul91
  • Regular
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only plays one song from my playlist and stops

Does anyone else have this issue? I queue up a playlist (or right click on it and press play) and only one song from my playlist will play, then spotify stops playing. The player shows that it is not paused or stopped, but it will not advance to the ...

• Regular
  • Does anyone else have this issue? I queue up a playlist (or right click on it and press play) and only one song from my playlist will play, then spotify stops playing. The player shows that it is not...
  • abrybka2
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes

Make all my playlists secret

Hi, I just reinstalled spotify and started working on a whole new system for arranging my music. It now looks like this: Seventies--- Seventies Rock--- Seventies Disco / Soul--- --- Abba - Gold--- Seventies Singer songwriterEightiesNineties- Nineties...

• Roadie
  • ...utomatically make all new playlists public". This was not supposed to be 🙂   I only want playlists containing starred songs to be public, all other to be secret.   Is there a quick way to d...
  • TTTCyclist
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Why do tracks from albums by Various Artists save to Various Artists rather than to their artists?

I'm curious as to why saved music is dependent on the album creator rather than the track creator in Your Music > Artists. I can understand why, if you saved the entire album, you'd want it to appear under Various Artists rather than making a mess of...

• I'm curious as to why saved music is dependent on the album creator rather than the track creator in Your Music > Artists. I can understand why, if you saved the entire album, you'd want it to app...
  • Lukas1184
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 13 likes

Can't add local files to "your music"

Realizing that neither of these scenarios work... 1)I go to "local files" then try to click and drag songs into "your music->songs" 2)I go to a playlist that has local files and click the "plus" sign next to any local files (the plus sign just stays ...

• Music Fan
  • Realizing that neither of these scenarios work...   1)I go to "local files" then try to click and drag songs into "your music->songs" 2)I go to a playlist that has local files and click...
  • luk99
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Unread message notification will not go away

I've had a message in my Spotify inbox for about 4 months now. No matter how many times I open the message(or listen to the track inside) it continue to say I have 1 new message. This happens on all three computers that I have Spotify installed on. T...

• Roadie
  • I've had a message in my Spotify inbox for about 4 months now. No matter how many times I open the message(or listen to the track inside) it continue to say I have 1 new message. This happens on all ...
  • dudebrosup
  • 43 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 43 replies
  • 9 likes

SpotifyWebHelper continuously crashing with new update

I am running desktop Spotify ver 0.9.15.27 on Windows 7 and ever since I updated I keep getting messages saying SpotifyWebHelper has crashed. I'll close the program, but it will launch again and the cycle starts once more. Every so often clicking on ...

• I am running desktop Spotify ver 0.9.15.27 on Windows 7 and ever since I updated I keep getting messages saying SpotifyWebHelper has crashed. I'll close the program, but it will launch agai...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 25 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Windows
  • 25 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! Help - Clearing play queue of automatic songs and playlists.

Hi, Sorry I'm new. I realise this problem has already been posted before, but I've not found the answer that I'm looking for! Basically I've double clicked a song instead of adding it to the play queue. This has now added the whole back catalogue to ...

• Hi,   Sorry I'm new.  I realise this problem has already been posted before, but I've not found the answer that I'm looking for!   Basically I've double clicked a song instead ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 29 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 29 replies
  • 7 likes

Home Dept ad wont play, causes crash?

Hi I'm using Spotify on my Windows computer and Andriod GS5 and every time the Home Dept ad comes on there is no sound and I am not able to change the song or use the pause/ play button. When I push pause/ play I am given the message of 'you can cont...

• Hi I'm using Spotify on my Windows computer and Andriod GS5 and every time the Home Dept ad comes on there is no sound and I am not able to change the song or use the pause/ play button. When I pus...
  • rifandaizm
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how to create images for playlist

Hi there~ Recently, i created a playlist from my local file. However, there is no image for the playlistdoes any one know how to creat the image for the playlist?thx for the help

• Regular
  • Hi there~  Recently, i created a playlist from my local file. However, there is no image for the playlist does any one know how to creat the image for the playlist? thx for the help
  • holly_helper
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotfiy Doesn't Play Playlists

Here's the issue. Spotify will launch and play everything not added as a playlist, that is, just click on a song in the main browser window. However, when that same song is added to a playlist, it won't play at all. So, no album or song will play onc...

• Regular
  • Here's the issue. Spotify will launch and play everything not added as a playlist, that is, just click on a song in the main browser window. However, when that same song is added to a playl...
  • cmy
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! [Windows]Blank screens

Spotify update: We've posted a workaround to this issue here. Thanks for hanging in there - we're working on a permanent solution. Hi there, I'm a Premium user since 3 years and a half. The first couple of years I was super happy with the whole exper...

• Regular
  • Spotify update: We've posted a workaround to this issue here. Thanks for hanging in there - we're working on a permanent solution.   Hi there,   I'm a Premium user since 3 year...
  • fck-your-signup
  • Casual Listener
  • 106 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 106 replies
  • 5 likes

Move playlist to another account

My son used my account to find some music and added this to a playlist. Now that he has his own account he would like to move that playlist to his own account. Is there any way to do that?

• My son used my account to find some music and added this to a playlist. Now that he has his own account he would like to move that playlist to his own account. Is there any way to do that?
  • dhugg
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

An error occurred. Please try searching again. Desktop issue!

I cannot seem to search for artists or tracks, keeps telling me the above. I can access an artist or the album if I have a track of theirs in my playlist, but cannot search using the search bar. Only seemed to become an issue in the past hour or so. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot seem to search for artists or tracks, keeps telling me the above.   I can access an artist or the album if I have a track of theirs in my playlist, but cannot search using...
  • dagirardin
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 61 replies
  • 3 likes