Premium

Country

UK

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok so this is a weird one; as of yesterday, my PC refuses to play spotify Local Files. Some are greyed out while others are not and when you try play a file it wont play; upon reloading spotify, the file will become greyed out like the others. The directory for searching for local files is correct and I have checked multiple times. The files my PC is attempting to play are not corrupt as I have checked them and attempted to play a newly downloaded local file which didn't work either. I am having no problems with local files on my Samsung S9, though i presume this is due to the fact that they are downloaded onto the phone so it wouldn't change that anyway (I have to disable the firewall to download local files onto it anyway). This appears to be a problem regarding the Spotify app rather than my files, so I came here to see if anyone has a solution to this. Finally, I uninstalled/reinstalled spotify to no change and restarted my PC multiple times, so I am stumped. Any help, thanks 🙂

EDIT: Interestingly, I can download new local files onto my phone and play them with no problems, so it seems to definately be something to do with the media playing only on PC

1 Reply

I have the same EXACT issue for months now and couldn't find an appropriate answer to it. Thought maybe a new update would solve it but to this day its not resolved. 

Suggested posts