Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLAYBACK FROM OLDEST TO NEWEST

PLAYBACK FROM OLDEST TO NEWEST

i wish to play an artist's albums from oldest to  newest. But it only  lists them from newest to oldest..is there a way to sort the albums with their oldest albums at the top of the page?..that way i  can start at the begining of an artists career and play down the page towards their latest work..

6 Replies

Only if you put them on a playlist or queue them that way.

Hello @porky and welcome to the community!

As mentioned, this is currently not possible (except adding songs manually to a playlist). But there's a submission in our ideas section. Check out the link below and leave your comments/kudos over there to support the idea: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Artist-s-Albums-Reversed-Sorting-Feature/idi-p/14875

thanks i will give that a try..maybe future versions, make it an option?..thank you for the fast response..

Disappointing that this was asked 6 years ago and a solution still doesn't exist, even more disappointing that Spotify won the music streaming market. They clearly don't have employees that use their own services and makes  updates based off of user feedback. 

Oh well..I never use Spotify anymore.. I've stayed with napster

Totally agree, what a very basic feature to be excluded!  I guess they don't use or don't care.  Maybe a lot of people just use playlists, but it would be very simple to add this feature in an update at very little overhead in cost or to the product size and performance.  Please, please add...

Suggested posts