Playlist Names not Showing

Plan

Premium

Device

HP Omen Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Starting today there are some playlist names not showing. In particular one folder called Flava Flavas has several playlists in it, and the second, third and fourth playlist names just don't show up. The first one and the ones after it do, but in the middle I've got these three blank spaces. So the actual playlists are there, I can click on them and access them, but the names show neither on the side bar nor the top of the screen when I select them. Same thing happens if I right click on a specific song to add it to a playlist, I go over to the folder and I've got those three blan spaces. I have double checked and they show up fine on android (OnePlus 5T), so it's not like I forgot to name them or anything. I have tried both terminating all spotify related processes and restarting the computer to no avail. Anyone got any idea?

Spotify Issue.PNG
Spotify Issue 2.PNG
5 Replies

Hey @Lollausen,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Have you also double-checked both your Windows and Spotify are on the latest version available?

After updating Windows if needed, it'd also be great to give a clean reinstall of the Spotify app a shot. This will allow you to erase all the traces of the previous Spotify app in order to start again with a fresh one. It will also provide you with the latest available version of Spotify, which should have any temporary error fixed in most cases.

Let us know how you get on. Hope you'll find this useful!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Uninstalled spotify, deleted any related folders and scrubbed everything possible, appdata and related hidden folders included, updated windows and reinstalled. still getting the same issue with the exact same playlists. not sure what to try at this point

Hey there @Lollausen,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

It would also be great if you can send us the URI of the playlists this occurs on so that we can have a closer look.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Only happens on my laptop (windows 10.0.19042), working fine on android . I do not have any other devices with which to check at the moment. I could try getting ahold of someone else's machine, windows or mac, to test it on those. However it'd be a bit problematic right now so I'd rather not go there if possible.
URIs are as follow:
- spotify:playlist:4ND8oqpeouTF0mK1ovrGKL
- spotify:playlist:3Wsa32EZpgSKXwlzRuyRCy
- spotify:playlist:1URl7lYTHBfpXUh2KcLKtw
Thanks in advance, and have a good weekend

Hi @Lollausen

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Would you mind sending over a screenshot where we can see how it appears on Android?

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your laptop to see if they can replicate this with your playlists? 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts