Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Ordering Parity

Playlist Ordering Parity

I have never posted on these forums before, so if I'm missing any guidelines please let me know. I poked around at the rules and stickies - and it seems like I'm alright.

On mobile you can sort your playlists alphabetically, automatically. After doing so, your desktop app playlists remain unsorted and desktop does not have the functionality to sort automatically.

Clearly, this idea has been partially addressed in the past: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Playlists-Sort-List-of-Playlists-alphabetically/idi-p/...

What's blowing my mind is that Spotify is not following any sort of feature parity across platforms here. And what's causing my mind to absolutely explode is that the playlists themselves, the ordering, is not consistent across platforms. Maybe this isn't too unbelievable if the playlists are ordered at runtime ? If that's the case, though, I'm again suprised at the desire to waste consumer cycles over caching this information somewhere for load time behavior. I recognize I'm speaking entirely ignorantly here and there is certainly more depth to this problem than I can see from an external perspective. I'm just extremely surprised at the lack of feature parity and consistency across platforms right now. Probably more surprised than when Civ 6 launched without OSX - Windows cross platform play.

Can you perhaps enlighten this audience with the root problem here so that I can better understand why this is not happening right now and settle my soul?

0 Replies

Suggested posts