Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist folder view

Playlist folder view

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Dell Latitude 5501

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently, the desktop interface (both web and app) of spotify has changed. Since then, my playlist subfolders are not displayed anymore, but directly the playlists underneath them. Also, statistics (number of folders, number of playlists) have disappeared. Anything to be done about this?

9 Replies

Hey there @podevyns

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Let us know how it goes so we can keep assisting if needed. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No, didn't work.  Problem is not the app, as the web version shows the same interface.  See attached a screenshot of the problem: subfolders disappeared from central view, no more statistics (number of folders, number of playlists)

Hi @podevyns,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

It looks like the screenshot wasn't attached correctly. Could you try it again? You can attach it to your next reply by tapping on the camera icon in the post editor.

We'll be waiting for your reply with the screenshot to have a better understanding of what's happening.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

as requested

Hi again @podevyns

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Looks like you're seeing one of the new features of the desktop app. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience. 

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Have a good one.

NovyModerator

Not showing playlist folders I created can hardly be a new feature, can it?

Hey @podevyns

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's currently expected that all playlists appear in the central section when you select the main folder. Even though the sub folders can't be seen in there, you can still see them in the playlist section on the left. 

We appreciate your feedback regarding this, and we'd recommend adding it to this thread that is being constantly monitored by the right folks!

Cheers.

NovyModerator

I have the exact same problem, the folders, sub-folders and playlists inside them are correctly displayed on the left, but when I actually click on them, the central space only shows the name of the main folder or the subfolder in big letters on top but without... showing me what i organised those sub-folders for: them, and then the specific playlists in their specific categories. It just shows all the playlists in that main folder. It's really annoying, especially since i spent a lot of time organizing all of this.

"POOR NAVIGATION" is hardly a feature. If it is a feature, to limit navigation to the side panel, versus the central viewing pane, please provide the Systems Requirement description, outlining the modification and it's rationale.

I am in Canada, and it looks like this NEW LIMITATION of SIDE PANEL ONLY FOLDER NAVIGATION was just introduced this week to our Windows App.

I currently manage over 740 playlists, and the lack of FULL FOLDER NAVIGATION is making this application/service difficult to maintain. I have been a Spotify subscriber for almost 8 years now. I am now considering another streaming service.

Please explain why this happened and if Spotify can REPAIR and REINSTATE this FUNCTION.

Suggested posts