Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell and HP laptops

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Every time I go to a podcast's episode list and try to scroll through it, the scroll bar bugs out and starts vibrating back and forth and flashing, so I can't scroll to the episodes I want. This has been happening for several weeks now.

23 Replies

i also experienced this issue on a podcast list

Hey there @klili45 & @potatoonthesofa!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this? If you do, can you send us some screenshots so we can better understand what's happening.

We’ll be right here if you still need help :slightly_smiling_face:

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this issue as well. It's impossible to scroll through podcasts lists.

A screenshot won't display the behavior properly, so here is video of the issue.

Thank you, this is exactly it

Hey there @Stedman and @klili45,

Thank you for your posts and the provided screen recording.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will ensure that any old cached files are not causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - would you mind logging in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see id the issue persist?

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator

I am having this issue too. I did the two things you suggested and they both didn't work.

Hey @LeonorMBC,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Just to make sure we're on the same page - you performed a clean reinstall using the steps @Mario provided , right? If that's the case, do you mean that you experience the issue also with another account when logged in on your PC? If that's the case, would you mind checking if it comes up when logged in on another device, if that's an option? Does this happen only on some podcasts or in general? And did you notice if this started after a specific event, like an update or installing a new app?

We'd appreciate it if you also include the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the devices you're experiencing this on.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Yeah, I did everything he told me to.

I experienced the same issue in a different account.

I check on my laptop (Windows 10) and on my phone (Andriod), it worked fine on my phone but on my laptop it has the same issue.

It appears to only happen on this podcast on both my desktop and my laptop: https://open.spotify.com/show/3jtZt3VSBbBJPwrCGIeyc0?si=e_oVcN-6RiqFHaQG3aX0vw

I only noticed when I got to the bottom of the podcast.

The Spotify version I'm running: 1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed (Microsoft Store version)

Hi there @LeonorMBC,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Could you let us know if the same happens on the web player?

Also and if possible, could you try a different connection, like a mobile hotspot, and let us know if this behavior persists?

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any restrictions for Spotify on your firewall/antivirus.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Doesn't happen in the web player

with a Mobile hotspot it still happens

and there are no restrictions for Spotify on my antivirus.

Hey @LeonorMBC,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for the troubleshooting done so far.

The info gathered so far points out that something is interfering with the app files on that specific device and that the issue is not account related. One possibility we haven't checked for so far is that there might be Spotify entries in your Windows hosts file. Could you let us know if the scrollbar functions properly on that podcast after removing those? You can learn how to do this here, even though the article was written for another topic. 

Keep us posted how this works out!

Mihail Moderator

No entries

<snip - moderator edit>

oh that wasn't supposed to be there

Hi @LeonorMBC

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

Could you restart your PC in Safe mode and reinstall the app again following the steps we sent previously?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us the URI of the podcast you mention? To get it, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

We'll be waiting for your reply!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Didn't work

Here is the URI

spotify:show:3jtZt3VSBbBJPwrCGIeyc0

Hey @LeonorMBC,

Thanks for your reply.

We couldn't reproduce the issue at our end, so some additional troubleshooting is required. If you can change the sort and filter options, could you let us know if that makes a difference? Also, could you borrow a friend or family members account and see if the scroll bar functions properly there? Alternatively you can create a free one here

Note that since the scroll bar works on your phone as workaround you can add the episodes you want to a playlist and start it on your PC.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

OP checking back in. I haven't experienced this problem in awhile. I installed quite a few system updates on my laptop a few months ago, and that might have done the trick? I'll post again if the problem comes up again. 

Hey @klili45,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're happy to hear that you haven't experienced this issue anymore.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey so I reset my laptop, installed spotify and created a new account and nothing worked.

And in the image is what happens when I sort it by date

Screenshot_1.png

Suggested posts