Plan

Premium

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

On Spotify Windows Desktop client, whenever you just view a podcast page, but don't select any podcast episode to play, after roughly 5 to 10 minutes, the most recent podcast episode will start playing on its own, interrupting whatever you are listening to previously.

The reproduction steps are simple:

1. Start a music playback on Windows Desktop Client.

2. Open a podcast page, but just view it, do not press play on any of the podcasts.

3. Wait 5-10 minutes.

Result: The most recent episode on the viewed podcast page will start playing on its own, interrupting the music playback.

PS: I swear to god, if some imbecile suggest I should do a clean reinstall of the spotify app, which is suggestion to literally every problem anyone here has, I will cancel my premium subscription immediately. 

1 Reply

Hey @Rawalanche!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you start off by logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side? 

There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for any apps that you don't recognize.

Does this happen with every podcast or just a select few?

It's also a good idea to clear your cache with the steps here and make sure that you have the app downloaded from the Microsoft store.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts