Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pressing the Shift, Control, or Alt Keys Restarts the Song/Plays the Previous Song

Pressing the Shift, Control, or Alt Keys Restarts the Song/Plays the Previous Song

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I press the Shift, Control, or Alt keys Spotify either restarts the currently playing song or plays the previous song if it's already at the beginning. This also happens even if Spotify isn't the focused Window and minimized. No other keys were being pressed when testing and this happens every time I press those keys.

6 Replies

Yeah, I have the same problem. I like to listen to music while working and I use those keys a lot during my design and now I can't. It's making me consider looking at Apple now for the 1st time in 8 years!

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

It's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If nothing changes, could you send us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’ve tried all them, even spoken to Spotify on chat and it’s almost as if you don’t believe us! Surely you could recreate the steps and find out for yourselves. I’m on Mac if I’m using Adobe illustrator, Figma or even a webpage if I selected something or highlight something then drag my mouse down, the track restarts.

I’ve tried all them, even spoken to Spotify on chat and it’s almost as if you don’t believe us! Surely you could recreate the steps and find out for yourselves. I’m on Mac if I’m using Adobe illustrator, Figma or even a webpage if I selected something or highlight something then drag my mouse down, the track restarts.

Hi @Craigjones88

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if you have a custom keyboard?

Additionally, would you mind letting us know if you have changed the configuration of the media settings from your device?

On another note, we'd like you to try with a different streaming app to check if the issue persists there as well.

Lastly, does this happen while using the web player on the same device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yo how i fix this

Suggested posts