Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question- How exactly does the sidebar feed work?

Solved!

Question- How exactly does the sidebar feed work?

I'm using version 0.8.5.

You know that sidebar that shows what your friends are listening to? I'd like to know this: if I start clicking on a whole bunch of songs one after another, will this end up spamming their sidebars with me? Because I tend to jump around a lot of songs and I don't want to annoy them with this. Also, do songs appear if you are just letting your playlist autoplay? 

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Yes at the moment, the second the song starts playing, it appears in your friends activity feed. If you leave a playlist on autoplay, the same thing happens, each song will always appear in your friends activity feeds, even when it is playing through the second time.

You can start a private session by clicking on your account number/name at the top right of Spotify, then clicking private session.

If you want to disable it permanently, you can go to Edit>Preferences, then make sure 'Share what I listen to with my followers on Spotify' and the same one for facebook if applicable are both unchecked.

I'm pretty sure there is also an idea somewhere requesting the ability to only share songs after a set amount of time, but I can't seem to find it, sorry! I'll let you know if it suddenly appears for me; but for now if you want, you can do a quick search for it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi,

Yes at the moment, the second the song starts playing, it appears in your friends activity feed. If you leave a playlist on autoplay, the same thing happens, each song will always appear in your friends activity feeds, even when it is playing through the second time.

You can start a private session by clicking on your account number/name at the top right of Spotify, then clicking private session.

If you want to disable it permanently, you can go to Edit>Preferences, then make sure 'Share what I listen to with my followers on Spotify' and the same one for facebook if applicable are both unchecked.

I'm pretty sure there is also an idea somewhere requesting the ability to only share songs after a set amount of time, but I can't seem to find it, sorry! I'll let you know if it suddenly appears for me; but for now if you want, you can do a quick search for it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts