Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 8.1 64-bit

My Question or Issue

Updated Windows desktop client to version 1.1.71.560.gc21c3367. The Home screen no longer shows Recently Played. Please fix (again).

17 Replies

Hi @jrivett,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

Most common issues can be fixed with a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, please access your account with a different device and let us know if the Recently Played section is also missing from it.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan: Premium
Device: PC
Operating System: Linux

My Recently Played is not missing, but everything that should be there has been replaced by a single playlist: "Happy Hits!", which I have NEVER PLAYED or even BROWSED before today. Clearing cache and config files did nothing to change it: Recently Played is still either purely random, or it's somebody else's Recently Played.

I want to be agreeable and all, but I very much doubt that a reinstall is going to fix this problem, just as it failed to fix the problem the last few times this happened. It seems clear to me that you have regression issues with your code. Version control tools are great, but even a great tool is only as good as the person who wields it.

Hi @jrivett,

Thank you for your reply and clarification. 

To have better insights about the issue, we'd appreciate it if you could send us some screenshots showing what you see on your home screen. 

Also, please don't forget to let us know if you were able to access your account with a different device to see if there's any change in the way the home screen looks.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

I've attached a screenshot showing what's at the top of my Home screen.

When you say 'different device', do you mean any kind of device, or another device of the same kind (ie. Windows 8.1)?

I tried Spotify for Android, and it doesn't show Recently Played on the Home page there either. But I don't use it as much as the Windows version, so I'm not sure it ever showed there.

The exact same thing has happened to me... This must be an issue with Spotify itself and not with your account.

Me too! My "Recently Played" shows only some "Happy Hits" playlist and I haven't played it ever. Once again.. I play almost always with que and Spotify can't follow that (why?). While I'm writing this reply, there should be 5-10 albums in "RP". It only counts if I play Album or Playlist (maybe). But randomly listed playlists are also wrong. Then leave it blank or something.  As my suggestions to listen also are kind of stuck and way off, I just don't use them.

The other Places... Good Morning, Continue Where You..  Made For User (usernamehere) are quite OK.  Then some suggestions are weird. (Free translate)

Spotify_Happyhits_20211112.jpg

Attachment: Recently played. Happy Hits!

Recently Played is back on my Home page. Spotify version did not change. I didn't do anything on my end. Presumably there was an issue in the Spotify back end. Whoever fixed it, thanks!

Hi folks!

Thanks for the info you've sent so far.

Your Home Screen updates its sections regularly, so something that is missing can be shown again at any time. 

@jrivett, we're glad to hear that you can see that section again. If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

@maddieb99 and @Blueberry, could you let us know if you are still unable to see the Recently played section? If so, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice in the app. This is how we force the app to refresh its cache. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@Eni: Just to clarify, you're saying that since the content of the Home screen changes frequently, and its data is cached locally, forcing the Spotify desktop app to refresh its cache can help to resolve issues like this.

And you're saying that the solution is to log out of the Spotify app, log back in, log out again, and log back in.

Hi @jrivett,

Thank you for your reply! 

That's correct, by logging out and back in twice you force your app and account to synchronize with the Spotify servers. This can help in situations as these where the contents of the app seem to be stuck.

Hope this clears things up 🙂 

MafeGModerator

@MafeG: Tried as you suggested, logging out of the Spotify app (on Windows 8.1), then back in, then out again, then back in. Recently Played is still missing from the Home screen.

Any more ideas?

And this morning Recently Played is back again. Presumably this is all due to changes being made on Spotify's end ("Your Home Screen updates its sections regularly, so something that is missing can be shown again at any time.")

Hi @jrivett,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to see that everything is back as you'd like it again 🙂

Have a great continued weekend.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, Can you please advise what the "fix" was to this ?

I have the same problem. I'm using an Iphone 13 Pro Max with latest IOS 15.5 and latest spotify app. The app home screen no longer shows Recently Played. Please fix.  I have cleared cache multiple times, cleared downloads, logged out multiple times, deleted the app and reinstalled (multiple times) and tried logging in via web browser. None of these attempts worked and the web browser didn't show Recently Played either. I use Recently Played a lot and want it back please.

Hey @rpd295,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried with a different account to see if the "Recently Played" section is visible there?

As the home screen is regularly updated, this section can reappear at some time, just as @jrivett mentioned earlier in the thread.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian,

Thanks very much for the reply. Logging in with other accounts shows the Recently Played. Others under our family account also have Recently Played still visible on the app home screen. 

Is there a fix for this ? Me waiting for the app to repair itself isn't really a fix is it....  If this is Spotify trying to get me to play music other than my Recently Played its pretty disappointing. I use it a lot...

Suggested posts