Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify application on my desktop pc started crashing a few weeks ago after an update. My other devices work just fine (Android Phone, laptop). Other accounts also don't work.

Thing I've tried:

- Log out everywhere
- Reinstalling Spotify

- Deleting APPDATA

- Restarting PC

- Updating Graphics drivers

- Reinstalling windows

So far, nothing helped. Is there a way to use an older version of spotify? My Laptop has one which works just fine.

7 Replies

Hey @thechinese,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you also mind double-checking if you have hardware acceleration for Spotify active at the moment? If you do, try deactivating it before testing this again.

Let us know how this goes. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I also tried that, but it didn't change anything. It still crashes instantly after login

Hello @thechinese,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We can see you've tried a few things already, but would you mind checking off the steps below and let us know if any of them make a difference:

• Try switching the proxy setting from "auto-detect" to "no proxy".
  • Check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.
  • Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use.
  • Remove host files. Head here to find out how.
  • Perform a clean reinstall. You can find the exact steps to do so here.
  • If possible, switch to another internet connection (WiFi, mobile data via tethering, or going direct via LAN cable).
  • Try accessing the web player before re-attempting to log back in to the desktop client.
  • Run Spotify in Safe Mode.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've tried your suggestions, but so far, nothing really helped.

• Try switching the proxy setting from "auto-detect" to "no proxy".  -> No Changes
  • Check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception. -> No Changes
  • Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use. -> No Changes
  • Remove host files. Head here to find out how. -> No Changes
  • Perform a clean reinstall. You can find the exact steps to do so here. -> No Changes
  • If possible, switch to another internet connection (WiFi, mobile data via tethering, or going direct via LAN cable). -> Works on my laptop with same internet connection
  • Try accessing the web player before re-attempting to log back in to the desktop client. -> Works on web player
  • Run Spotify in Safe Mode. -> No Changes, can't start spotify on safe mode, since I can't connect to the internet in safe mode.

Hey @thechinese,

Thanks for getting back to us with the results from the troubleshooting 🙂

We'd suggest you also try running the app as an administrator. Are there any changes?

If the issue persists, the best solution will be to head here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and give you more information about it.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same problem for me. As understand there is no final solution for this?

Hey there @anovitzkij

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is happening across devices or only on a specific one? Also, we'd like to know the OS your device's using. 

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts