Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Release Date of Albums

Release Date of Albums

In previous Spotify versions, the exact release date was shown next to the album cover. Now, only the release year is displayed. Is there a way to get the release date back? 

5 Replies

Hello @Musikfreitag! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, this is part of the new update and it will remain this way as of now.

There is no way to rollback but you could try posting in the ideas section and if it gets enough 'Kudos' it could be re-implemented!

Let me know if you need anything else, cheers!

@julian_L

Honestly, what's even the point?

This feature was requested several years ago. Finally, this year, the development team acknowledged the request and, surprisingly, even implemented it. It was rolled out this August – just two months ago! And now it's been removed.

I know you're forced to take Spotify's stance on this. But you can't honestly ask people to trust that posting this as a new idea again makes any difference at all. Trust in Spotify was abysmal enough back when we thought you never implemented requested features, not tease us by adding them and immediately taking them away again.

I liked you more when you were just blatantly disregarding user feedback, but at this point it just feels like mean-spirited taunting. Why are you trying so hard to sabotage your own product?

Please Put the release dates back. Its really not making any sense to have there

and then just randomly take it away. Like come on!

Hey @Musikfreitag @Anamon @CourtneyJlovesu 

Good news!

In the new desktop app version 1.1.86 and the Web Player, you can now see the full release date (month, day, year) at the bottom of the release page just like you can in the mobile app. You can still hover over the year at the top of the release page as well to see the full release date.

Check out the screenshot below to see how it looks like:

releasedatedesktopapp.png

full release date hover tooltip.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts