Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop (0.9.0.133)

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop (0.9.0.133)

What's new in this version (0.9.0.133):

• Fixed internal issues that were causing interruptions these last couple of days

More information

The last couple of days our service has seen some unexpected interruptions. This release should alleviate most of it not all of those issues.

If you experience any issues after updating to this version please reply here and provide as much detail as possible.

And should you need help figuring out what "much detail" could mean (you're not alone in this) then please have a look at the troubleshooting guides at the top of the desktop help forum.

Community Ergo Sum
95 Replies

@BigKev57

Spotify CEO Daniel Ek received a personal plaque from Sony

So Ek gets some meaningless plaque/certificate of service to his Hollywood/WallStreet masters. Basically a doggy treat.

As you well know, those of us who were around from the time of the original "horrible update" knew the writing was on the wall.

The Hollywood/Goldman Sachs types who run Spotify are showing us that they not only know how to hurt people but they like doing this and will hurt people who are harmlessly enjoying something nice without their permission.

And, for the "mods" aka thought police, yes, FORCING some junky inferior update on people is hurting them.

Did the patch address the issue some of are having with Spotify timing out and having an uncloseable process forcing a restart of windows to continue useing the service?

@skiskiacm wrote:

Did the patch address the issue some of are having with Spotify timing out and having an uncloseable process forcing a restart of windows to continue useing the service?

Nope, happened to me earlier when my BlackBerry Playbook sideloading app crashed the client 😞

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It must be another high use time of day...the web based artist pages and search functions are running absurdly slow! Gotta love all the advances Spotify has made since 8.5...

If you're going to do this web based crap at least have proper server capacity. My current track is buffering every 20 seconds or so. Welcome to the future of Spotty Service. 

Never had these problems before these updates. What a mess. I can barely use this thing when it's lagging around like a wounded animal. 

No, it's not my connection...yes, it is your crappy ideas and implementation.

What's new in this version (0.9.0.133):

• Fixed internal issues that were causing interruptions these last couple of days

Well, maybe you only thin you fixed these issues. My 0.9.0.133 went through a series of interruptions exactly like the previous version did.

A few hours later and the buffering and lag has only gotten worse. This is as bad as I have ever seen it. What gives Spotify? Thankfully I have some things downloaded on my phone or my service would be completely unusable. Songs that stop unexpectedly are worse than songs that don't play at all.

You. Need. More. Server. Capacity. 

The downward spiral continues. If it's this bad for too many more days I will be letting my subscription expire and check back in a few months to see how much further this product has gone down the tube.

Ignore my previous suggestion, old versions are tentatively working again...

I have heard no more interruptions, so maybe it was a transient glitch and 133 brought fixes in this area?

It seems that another bug was fixed - this time Spotify was able to re-find the soundcard after card reset, previously it was not able.

I hope that these are first steps in the right direction - to make the program better not worse.

i am new to Spotity, And this is what I like to do. how can i look up old friend?

which file(s) do you mean when you reference ~\roaming\spotify\*.*? Everything in the folder or just the executable? and .sig text? Do I also need to complete the previous work around with spotify_new.exe(and .sig) before I execute these new changes?

Thanks

@grandbrats8 wrote:

i am new to Spotity, And this is what I like to do. how can i look up old friend?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is your account connected to Facebook, since if it was and you where friends that would make it easier!?

Otherwise, you need to find out your old friends Spotify username then search for them using:

spotify:user:USERNAME

where USERNAME is their Spotify username in the main desktop search box. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Im running the latest version 0.9.0.133. 

Since the upgrade yesterday I noticed an unusual high cpu utilization by spotify client (around 25% on my i7-2620M cpu)

Before it used to be well below 5%. 

Can anybody offer some thoughts on that? Running Ubuntu 13.04 raring 64 bit. 

REPLY to Delmer14. I am totally impressed with the idea of one big bluegrass list. 😎

I have some very large lists also. What I do is keep the main list intact then create  new lists by drag and drop to  break them down primary list into subfolders alphabetically, like bluegrass  tracks a-g, bluegrass  tracks h-m, etc...

Folders really help make things organized and useable for downloading onto phones. I wish I had discovered the folders option earlier. It makes things so much easier to find my fav lists. I have over 100 lists easy now.

BTW is your big list public. If so what is its name as I would love to subscribe. *Bluegrass should have its own genre.

Sorry, but the latest version of Spotify for Desktop is also badly as the version before that.

First, the function Album Cover View still does not work.

Second, when i listen music from my Starred-Folder and clicked with my mouse button on the cover of the current played song i could saw the song through a blue market. But when i close Spotify and launches it alter the described no longer function.

I hope after the new updates Spotify get better.

Just try the previous work around first. From what i can work out the forced updates have been withdrawn due to some unworkable glitches. This means most of what i did might have been a coincidental waste of time, i am not game to move my folder agian to find out though. For now it works so i am happy...for now...

What happend to the old look of new releases?

Now it´s just a lot of recomendations based on what I have listend to.

Where half at least is my kids music choices ....

br

"I, personally, can see where they are coming from with this. Maybe it's annoyed some users - I just don't understand why can't just leave Spotify and leave everyone in peace?"

Errrmm, Liam, I think people HAVE been leaving Spotify. lol

That's the problem.

If Spotify would stop giving people reasons to leave, so many of the very valid complaints people have wouldn't be posted here in the first place.

agb007 schrieb:

What happend to the old look of new releases?

Now it´s just a lot of recomendations based on what I have listend to.

Where half at least is my kids music choices ....

See e.g. this thread, it has been replaced with the Discovery tab for some users now. Personally I would like to see it in my version, too, as I still have the What's New tab which I hardly ever used at all.

Youre link was wrong but I managed to get to the right page.

Understand the idea but will look into the tunigo app.

thanks

My feedback... I managed to get it running on sunday by clean install, woke up monday and again the app failed to initialize. Still down this am, so now in process of yet  another clean install. Getting tired of all the stupid updates as they keep causing problems for me, to the point I have to do clean installs. AUTOUPDATES are big proble. Synching music has big issues also I believe. 

Suggested posts