Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Remember Me' option is always selected by default

'Remember Me' option is always selected by default

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

When using the Windows 10 Spotify app, the 'Remember Me' option is always selected by default. On public or shared computers, the email or username used to log in remains populated and the 'Remember Me' option itself is still selected.

This means that your email or username remains visible to subsequent users after you've logged out. This surely isn't by design, is it?

spotify_remember_me.png
3 Replies

Hey @Taryon, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Thanks for taking time to write this!

Yes it is enabled by default but you can use the username to login, no need to type the email in there.

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks, LorenXK.

My concern is more with the fact that whichever username or email address you login with remains there the next time the application is launched, even if you explicitly do not select the 'Remember Me' option.

From a design perspective, it makes sense to retain the last username/email address used to login if the option is selected. However, if a user logs into the application without selecting (or explicitly unselecting) the 'Remember Me' option, their username/email address should not still remain "remembered" in the login screen.

I was looking in to the same thing. Wanted to sell my computer, but my email address kept showing up in yhe Spotify logon screen. even after trashing prefs and user data in OSX library.

However, I found a workaround. It just remembers the details of your last login attempt. So try to login with username: "E-mail or username" and a fake password. It will warn you the details are not correct, but next time you reopen Spotify app it wil autofill "E-mail or username" in the username field. Problem solved 😉

Suggested posts