Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removal of Copy Song Link?

Removal of Copy Song Link?

I really don't understand why useful features keep getting removed. First Notifications, then messages, now copy song link? I don't want to have to click share then click copy to clipboard in order to send a link to a song. Your product team needs to get their act together, this is becoming very frustrating as a premium member. Is there any way to re-enable this feature?

4 Replies

Hey @davedon,

No, but have you tried copying the song URL by pressing the copy shortcut combination on your keyboard?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You just have to right click the rack > share > copy link to clipboard, and it should give you a web URL. Confusingly, the URL button gives you the Spotify link, not the URL, and "copy link to clipboard" gives you the URL rather than the Spotify link. 

Thanks for pointing out where this feature was moved. The new UI change is less intuative and less convenient.

Spotify, please add back the normal copy button, it doesn't need to be hidden under multiple menus.

This new update sucks. I used to right click and click, "Copy song URL" or album URL, not you have to use the share menu option to get it. How is this useful UX? Seems the designers are trying to justify their jobs by removing things from the UI, possibly to add back in later in a "new update". As a premium subscriber, it's very disappointing.

Suggested posts