Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify 1.0.47.13 won't start (windows7)

Hi, Since this weekend my spotify won't start on Windows 7.Can't even uninstall the software. Processes get started but seems to hang and take 25% CPU power constantly. Spotify version: 1.0.47.13.gd8e05b1f Does any one have an idea how to resolve thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Since this weekend my spotify won't start on Windows 7. Can't even uninstall the software.   Processes get started but seems to hang and take 25% CPU power constantly.   S...
  • ruudstraver
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not launching

So I recently had a very annoying problem in Spotify and I find myself not able to see spotify launched. First I opened Task Manager and I found a spotify app running in the backround I tried to close it and open Spotify after that I went to Spotify'...

• Casual Listener
  • So I recently had a very annoying problem in Spotify and I find myself not able to see spotify launched. First I opened Task Manager and I found a spotify app running in the backround I tried to...
  • ruudstraver
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Randomly crashes Windows 10 Pro, forces restart.

Spotify randomly crashes and I get a BSOD which forces my computer to restart. It usually happens after several hours of playing but it is not consistent. This has been going on for a few months and I have not posted here in hopes an update would fix...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify randomly crashes and I get a BSOD which forces my computer to restart. It usually happens after several hours of playing but it is not consistent. This has been going on for a few months and ...
  • richwastaken
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest version of the Spotify desktop app for windows will not open.

My Spotify hasn't been opening for the last few days. So today I tried installing Spotify off a setup file I already had from a year ago. It worked! But I wanted the latest vesion again (last update before the problem was when the daily mixes came ou...

• Regular
  • My Spotify hasn't been opening for the last few days. So today I tried installing Spotify off a setup file I already had from a year ago. It worked! But I wanted the latest vesion again (last update ...
  • tyronliljon
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play icon on currently playing song when you press big green "Play" button in a playlist

This might sound a little picky, but it would be really good if the "Play" icon appeared to the left of the song currently playing in your playlist, and it's highlighted. I know it appearsat the bottom in the "Currently playing" section, but it would...

• Casual Listener
  • This might sound a little picky, but it would be really good if the "Play" icon appeared to the left of the song currently playing in your playlist, and it's highlighted. I know it appearsat the...
  • samwiser
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify problems in playing

Goo day, asking for help for the following problem. I log in regularly but i can't play any songs. When I start clicking on the play button it scrolls down to the end of the list and it simply doesn't play .... or there's a pop up telling me that the...

• Goo day,  asking for help for the following problem.  I log in regularly but i can't play any songs.  When I start clicking on the play button it scrolls down to the end of the list...
  • foxtrails485
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won´t play any song

Every time I try to play any song, Spotify will say that the song is not available, and that i can upload the file for it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app twice. Any ideas of what is happening and how can I solve this probl...

• Every time I try to play any song, Spotify will say that the song is not available, and that i can upload the file for it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app twice. Any ideas ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify on Windows is just a white screen

every time i try to run spotify i get a white screen and then spotify closes

• every time i try to run spotify i get a white screen and then spotify closes
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix on laptop, , why can't I see it all the time ?

Hi everyone !I discoverd few time ago the Daily Mix, this amazing thing. I discoverd it on my laptop, and since, sometime i can play it, and some time it totally disappear from the menu !Why that ? It would me super great to have it all the time !Tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone ! I discoverd few time ago the Daily Mix, this amazing thing. I discoverd it on my laptop, and since, sometime i can play it, and some time it totally disappear from the menu ! Why that...
  • ClaraVge
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automaticly lowers volume when watching a video in the browser

Since today spotify automaticly lowers the volume of the song being played when it discovers a video being played in my browser.I can't seem to find a way to turn this off.Is there a way to turn this off or is there a work around since this is rather...

• Regular
  • Since today spotify automaticly lowers the volume of the song being played when it discovers a video being played in my browser. I can't seem to find a way to turn this off. Is there a way to turn ...
  • kaasknak
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help system sucks

Why is there no way to contact Spotify? I've been looking for over an hour. All my playlists have disappeared and i can't get any help. No one has answered my question about it. Don't the people at spotify care? Don't they want to take responsibility...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is there no way to contact Spotify? I've been looking for over an hour. All my playlists have disappeared and i can't get any help. No one has answered my question about it. Don't the people at s...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I want my computer to NOT download albums I save on my phone

Hi there, I have Spotify on my iPhone 6 and Windows laptop (same account). My laptop does not have much space, so when I save albms to offline mode on my phone, I want my computer to not save these albums. If I remove them from offline mode on my com...

• Hi there,   I have Spotify on my iPhone 6 and Windows laptop (same account). My laptop does not have much space, so when I save albms to offline mode on my phone, I want my computer to not sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I forgot username and password to my premium account

I Tried to reset my password by typing in my username that i used to create the account ... but the 'reset password' email is not showing up.. is it possible to reset it with a different email account?

• Visitor
  • I Tried to reset my password by typing in my username that i used to create the account ... but the 'reset password' email is not showing up.. is it possible to reset it with a different email accoun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ALL playlists gone

I opened spotify today to find that all my playlists are missing. All i have is the option to create my first playlist... They are all missing on my phone too, so it's not just the computer. tried relogging spotify. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • I opened spotify today to find that all my playlists are missing. All i have is the option to create my first playlist... They are all missing on my phone too, so it's not just the computer. tried re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why do you remove tracks that we're available before?

HiWhy are you removing tracks that previously was playable? For instance, there is one track that I really love that I have in my favorites, but can no longer play. It's this one;https://open.spotify.com/track/22rKL7QSNs9dnkErc6Jb5yWhy is it removed/...

• Regular
  • Hi Why are you removing tracks that previously was playable? For instance, there is one track that I really love that I have in my favorites, but can no longer play. It's this one; https://open...
  • zipmiX
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Family, spotify connect

Recently I upgraded my Spotify account to Family Premium. I use Spotify Connect to play through a Gramofon, but the device is not available in the Windows Desktop Apps of my family members. The option is greyed out. So it looks like I only can use Sp...

• Recently I upgraded my Spotify account to Family Premium. I use Spotify Connect to play through a Gramofon, but the device is not available in the Windows Desktop Apps of my family members. The optio...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't Open Spotify or Uninstall

I have an issue... it is getting me mad.. I start up my spotify, nothing shows up, I go to my task manager, spotify is a background proccess, I was listening to it when I went to bed, then I came home from school and it was closed. so I opened it up,...

• I have an issue... it is getting me mad.. I start up my spotify, nothing shows up, I go to my task manager, spotify is a background proccess, I was listening to it when I went to bed, then I came hom...
  • violetpicasso
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Icons in sidebar missing

Noticed after update to 1.0.47.13.gd8e05b1f that icons of functions like "Browse", "Radio" and "Your music" are missing in the left sidebar in windows desktop client. Is that a bug or is it a feature implemented intentionally in the newer version? I ...

• Noticed after update to 1.0.47.13.gd8e05b1f  that icons of functions like "Browse", "Radio" and "Your music" are missing in the left sidebar in windows desktop client.   Is that a bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Clicking artist says "Can't be found" but I can play their music saved in my playlist just fine

So I was trying to look up some of the artists whose songs I've saved to some playlists. I was mainly curious to see if their Spotify artist page would name the genre of music they make. So I clicked ODESZA from who I saved a few songs, but Spotify t...

• Casual Listener
  • So I was trying to look up some of the artists whose songs I've saved to some playlists. I was mainly curious to see if their Spotify artist page would name the genre of music they make.   So ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes