Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RickGroeneweg98

RickGroeneweg98

Hi,

I'm getting errors when playing local files in a playlist. I've manually added some .MP3 files in my 'C:\users\music' directory and imported this from Spotify. The .MP3 files work (encoded properly, not corrupt). 

These tracks won't play in a playlist or queue though, everytime the playlist hits on of my 'local' songs I get an error it cannot be played. However, when I play the song indiidually (on Spotify, by double clicking it), it DOES play. It also plays when I'm playing local files and queue from local file 1 to the other one. Individually they play (as a playlist, or individually), but they do not combine with regular Spotify songs.

How can I fix this? I tried this with different files, cleared cache, moved directory, but nothing seems to work. Please help!

1 Reply

Hey @Rick5000, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This is really odd. In this case, can you try reinstalling the Spotify app by following these steps?

Also, we'd like you to create a new playlist and add to it only some of your Local files. Then, try to play them from that playlist in order to check if the same thing happens.

If the issue persists, we'd like you to move the folder with your music from your computer > Reinstall Spotify one more time > Import the new location from Spotify.

Let us know if that helps.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts