Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • bltxl
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Their_UI_sux_blows
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 239 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Minimizing spotify changes sound for the worse. Dolby Audio related.

Hi I have been searching for a long time for a resolution for this problem. When "Dolby Audio" is enabled in Playback device properties, the sound is great when the spotify window is in focus. As soon as I minimize og change focus to another window, ...

• Regular
  • Hi   I have been searching for a long time for a resolution for this problem. When "Dolby Audio" is enabled in Playback device properties, the sound is great when the spotify window is in focu...
  • Kfelber
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Radio not showing up

Hi there. My desktop client's radio is playing but I cannot see any thing.

DdPbwnB.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Hi there.   My desktop client's radio is playing but I cannot see any thing. 
  • KJ115
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify continously skips songs and tells me to import.

My spotify, whenever I press play on a playlist it just skips from one song to another without making a sound and then when I try to press a song to play it it tells me I have to import it for the song to be played.

• My spotify, whenever I press play on a playlist it just skips from one song to another without making a sound and then when I try to press a song to play it it tells me I have to import it for the so...
  • brookeroling
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify no se abre en Windows

Desde hace unas semanas, cuando abro la aplicación de Spotify en mi ordenador, aparece en pantalla pero no llega a mostrarme el menú de inicio y se apaga tras varios "intentos" en los que parpardea. Finalmente se cierra. He desinstalado la aplicación...

• Casual Listener
  • Desde hace unas semanas, cuando abro la aplicación de Spotify en mi ordenador, aparece en pantalla pero no llega a mostrarme el menú de inicio y se apaga tras varios "intentos" en los que parpardea. ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Cutting Music

Dear all, #spotify Since 2 weeks ago I start having this problem. I star my playlist and ALL the musics start cutting all the time, like more than 10 times each sound. I already reinstalled the program, but did't fixed this problem. Please I need a u...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all, #spotify   Since 2 weeks ago I start having this problem. I star my playlist and ALL the musics start cutting all the time, like more than 10 times each sound. I already reinstalled ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My desktop App is frozen

I have this problem from yesterday that my desktop app just got frozen and doesn't do anything. i tried to re-install and nothing has changed. even when i press "connect with facebook" nothing pops up! can you please help me.thanks P.S: i'm running o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have this problem from yesterday that my desktop app just got frozen and doesn't do anything. i tried to re-install and nothing has changed. even when i press "connect with facebook" nothing pops u...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cant control volume by my keyboard

- THE PROBLEM IS ON THE PC -cant control volume by my keyboard, i cant only control the volume by mouse or by minimizing the spotify window.somehow, the volume controls on my keyboard doesn't work when the spotify software is un-minimized.Would like ...

• - THE PROBLEM IS ON THE PC - cant control volume by my keyboard, i cant only control the volume by mouse or by minimizing the spotify window. somehow, the volume controls on my keyboard doesn't wor...
  • Thepoos
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Recommended songs gives me songs in other languages

When i play spotify for a longer period of time it will eventually go into the recommended songs list. No problem with that. There is just that it always gives me Finnish rap music or Finnish pop music. I live in Sweden and have never listen to anyth...

• When i play spotify for a longer period of time it will eventually go into the recommended songs list. No problem with that. There is just that it always gives me Finnish rap music or Finnish pop mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! *Troubleshooting* Spotify doesn’t stream to receiver anymore. Out of options :(

3 devices (smartphone, tablet, PC(LAN)) plays songs fine.All show my receiver (Pioneer VSX 924, Spotify certified) for playing by Spotify connectReceiver shows title song, but doesn’t play. Sometimes a few seconds, most of the time nothing.Last week ...

• Casual Listener
  • 3 devices (smartphone, tablet, PC(LAN)) plays songs fine. All show my receiver (Pioneer VSX 924, Spotify certified) for playing by Spotify connect Receiver shows title song, but doesn’t play. Somet...
  • Svendsen111
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Não é possível tocar a músical atual

Aparece essa mensagem.. Mas toca, só que fica travando quando passa a música pra frente.. Pode ser problema de internet?! Mas minha internet está ok..

• Casual Listener
  • Aparece essa mensagem.. Mas toca, só que fica travando quando passa a música pra frente.. Pode ser problema de internet?! Mas minha internet está ok..
  • mfvpadilha
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Song that has the explicit tag is still censored

Today all of a sudden the songs (which are tagged explicit), that I was listening to were censored. Words like f*ck and others were completly censored. Before this they weren't censored at all.I was listening to SYRE by Jaden Smith. This album has on...

• Casual Listener
  • Today all of a sudden the songs (which are tagged explicit), that I was listening to were censored. Words like f*ck and others were completly censored. Before this they weren't censored at all. I wa...
  • lynyx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't uninstall (Win7)

Well, I am unable to install this crappy app from Windows 7.When I go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and try to uninstall I get "Spotify has stopped working" crash, no ability to uninstall (see attached image). Btw, the program is running...

• Casual Listener
  • Well, I am unable to install this crappy app from Windows 7. When I go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and try to uninstall I get "Spotify has stopped working" crash, no ability to uni...
  • KaoticAlchemist
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

my "Songs" don't refresh on PC

Hey. hope someone can help me: since two weeks or so my "Songs"-playlist isn't updated anymore. All the songs I added via phone don't appear on my pc. If i play them via Spotify Connect on the PC, but chose them on the smartphone, the PC will recogni...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. hope someone can help me:   since two weeks or so my "Songs"-playlist isn't updated anymore. All the songs I added via phone don't appear on my pc. If i play them via Spotify Connect on t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Songs from Your Library can't be saved offline like any other playlist

There is no Download switch on the Songs from Your Library, what's the catch? All of the playlists have the Download switch but we can't make our favourite songs available offline? I swear I'll not pay for premium again, it's just... I don't want to ...

• Casual Listener
  • There is no Download switch on the Songs from Your Library, what's the catch? All of the playlists have the Download switch but we can't make our favourite songs available offline?   I swear I...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad quality Sound

Hi, I have a premium account but the sound with the app is really bad. If I share on Facebook for example what im playing, the sound over the Browser is pretty good. Only the sound using the application in the PC is bad.The sound setting over the app...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a premium account but the sound with the app is really bad. If I share on Facebook for example what im playing, the sound over the Browser is pretty good. Only the sound using the applicat...
  • Kikekoko
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly not updating

Hi all, this is the first time i experience that problem. My Discover Weekly doesn't update. I am logged via Facebook, i tried all, to follow and unfollow, to log out and log in, but nothing happens. It's the first time since i use Spotify that i am ...

• Roadie
  • Hi all, this is the first time i experience that problem. My Discover Weekly doesn't update. I am logged via Facebook, i tried all, to follow and unfollow, to log out and log in, but nothing happens....
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The current Windows app bypasses proxy settings and tries to go to directly to the authentication page. This isn't allowed on many corporate networks. Regardless of log in method, if a proxy is set, it should route through it.

• The current Windows app bypasses proxy settings and tries to go to directly to the authentication page.  This isn't allowed on many corporate networks.  Regardless of log in method, if...
  • axeshr3dder
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

we need more downloaded songs offline

please let me enjoy my music spotify i am paying your comapny for good quality music but only 3333 of my songs are offline but i still have another 3000 that i cant listen to when i go offline.TBH i can get songs for (free) online download as many as...

• Casual Listener
  • please let me enjoy my music spotify i am paying your comapny for good quality music but only 3333 of my songs are offline but i still have another 3000 that i cant listen to when i go offline.TBH i ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

web player not working

the web player just won't play songs for me, i've tried reloading, logging out and logging back in, and even turning off my computer and back on, songs just won't play

• Casual Listener
  • the web player just won't play songs for me, i've tried reloading, logging out and logging back in, and even turning off my computer and back on, songs just won't play
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Periods of silence when playing to Amazon Echo

Okay so here's what's happening. Almost every time I play a song, or a playlist goes to the next song in queue, it begins to play in the desktop app but sound doesn't actually come out of my speakers for a random amount of time. Sometimes it's 10 sec...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so here's what's happening.   Almost every time I play a song, or a playlist goes to the next song in queue, it begins to play in the desktop app but sound doesn't actually come out of my...
  • basexperience
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes