Premium

Country

Czech 

Device

(PC)

Operating System

(Windows 7, SP1, latest updates)

My Question or Issue

I have a Windows domain network behind a firewall. I have tried to install the latest version of Spotify windows client to 3 PCs each time with the same effect. Installation ends successfully, but when the application starts it's just trying over and over again to run. PC makes sound like: "ding ding ding ding ding ..." untill I stop the app. At Task Manager I can see three Spotify.exe * 32 processes with growing and dropping memory usage every time I hear "ding". At mobile phone it works expectably as same as at the internet browser player.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies

@martin778

That sounds strange!

I suggest trying out the offline installer. Report back how it goes 🙂

If it causes the same thing, then maybe your Firewall is blocking something Spotify needs for functioning.

Keep me in the loop!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Offline instaler leades to same effect. I highly suspect our network configuration, where user profile is partialy roaming and partialy local at a workstation. I had an weird issue with skype as well in past that have led to use appear.in.

I'll try temporarily turn off the firewall and I'll report here what happen.

@martin778

This kind of network configuration might be a culprit indeed. I've seen users having issues in corporate networks where their user profiles are roaming (saved in a network drive), and as Spotify installs itself in %appdata%, problems can arise.

If that's the issue, I'd suggest looking into Junctions as suggested by another user saying:

"You can create junctions to refer to different locations. Hence you can change the install location."

Let me know how disabling Firewall went 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately firewall has nothing to do with my issue. Firewall has been turned off and the spotify behave in the same way.

I'm going to try the Junctions you mentioned.

Suggested posts