Premium

Country

US

Device

PC/HyperX Cloud Revolver S/ASUS Xonar DSX

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Currently I'm experiencing a strange audio balancing issue that I can't find the answer to elsewhere. What's currently happening is when in Spotify (All other programs the audio is correctly balanced between both sides of my headphones. This including audio files that I have locally which when played through Spotify have the issue, but in Window's Media Player work fine). Each song, while using both sides of my headset, favor the right side. Particularly things like vocals. When I use my hardware in my tower to adjust it's about 10% louder on the right side. It's almost like the audio is off center.

What I've done already:

1. Restarted and resetted Spotify.

2. Re-installed Spotify after deleting the cache.

3. Updated my audio card's drivers.

4. Tried different applications (No issue).

5. Tried different headphones (Same issue).

6. Tried same headphones on mobile app (No issue).

7. Tried same headphones on web app (Same issue).

8. Tried local music inside and outside of Spotify (Only inside Spotify the issue persists).

9. Had friend with HyperX Cloud Revolver S's test Spotify (No issue).

Normally I would say it's my own fault, but because it's only Spotify I'm starting here to find an answer.

6 Replies

hey, i have the exact same problem. was wondering if you found a way to fix it? i also have hyper x headphones but a diffrent model.

Hey @scrappychicken,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let us know which of the troubleshooting steps suggested here you've tried so far? Also, please send us the exact model of the headphones and the OS version and Spotify version of the device you're experiencing this on.

Keep us posted. 

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m experiencing the same issue. The left side of my Airpods Pro 2 is louder than the right side on the Spotify app on my iPhone 13. I don’t experience this issue on any other app or streaming site. So far, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. After doing this, the audio was fixed for a coupel hours. Then, it went back to unbalanced volume.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

Let's start by checking this article for probable solutions, but also check the equalizer of the phone or app, depending on your operating system, for a balance slider.

Keep us posted on which steps worked and which ones didn't,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I have the same problem and it's nothing to do with phone settings or earbud settings. I can replicated it on any system via a bluetooth connection and it is unique to Spotify. The left side audio is thin and significantly lower in volume. To reiterate this is a problem with Spotify and not the phone settings or earbud settings.

Hey folks!

There's something worth looking into here I think -

For mobile users:

With your wireless device connected to your phone, go into your mobile app settings, scroll down to Audio quality and then scroll down to equalizer. 
Tap on that and you'll find additional spatial sound settings that may for some reason be enabled and affecting your playback.

For Windows desktop users, in case this happens with all applications -  with your wireless device connected - right click and open your sound settings:

Select device properties and adjust the audio balance:

If this doesn't help out, for both desktop and mobile users - toggle mono audio on from your app settings and let us know if there's a difference in the volume strength when the same audio is being played on both sides simultaneously.

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout 🙂

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts