Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY NOT WORKING OR DOWNLOADING

SPOTIFY NOT WORKING OR DOWNLOADING

A week ago Spotify was working fine, it updated and then I couldn't open it. I double-clicked but it never opened so I uninstalled it and installed again, I even used the full installer and it worked just for that time, then it uopdated and the same thing happened. I used CCCleaner and erased all the App Crash fiels and isntaleld Spotify and worked again but it updated and it crashed again. Now I can't even download it because a tab about error 17 shows . I'm really desperate, I even tried the web player but it says my flash player is not working eventhough it's installed. I don't know what else to do.

I use Windows 10.

3 Replies

Hi, @JairoVR!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try a deeper reinstall to try to get this fixed. Just follow these steps:

• Log out of Spotify and then close the program.
  • Uninstall 
  • Browse to the cache and delete everything inside the folder. The default location should be:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage 

There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account. You can find it in C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\

• Restart your computer in Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold the F8 key as your computer is restarting.
  • In Safe Mode, open the Spotify Installer (from where it’s saved on your PC) and go through the installation process.
  • Once Spotify is installed, restart your computer normally.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Hi!

I tried what you told me but there was no Spotify folder. I uninstalled it and restarted my computer in Safe Mode then opened the Spotify Installer and it completed well. When I restarted my computer I logged in and everything was fine. Next time I turned my computer on, it updated and was still working properly but then I closed it and when I double-clicked the icon in my desktop to open it again, it didn't start. So I'm back to where I was. 😕 

Try to use CMD and run this code

%appdata%/Spotify/Spotify.exe /ap=194.132.162.150

I copied it from a developer here. I had same issues but when I used it worked fine.

You still have to write it everytime you want to open it so open a notepad, paste it in it

and save it as Spotify.bat

Tell me if it worked/

I really want them to find a solution for this problem.

Suggested posts