Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY keeps playing songs that are not on my playlist.

Solved!

SPOTIFY keeps playing songs that are not on my playlist.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung A52/ PC

Operating System

Android latest, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This has been happening for long time, but after being on premium for long time I think I have a right to complain.

Spotify keeps playing songs that are not on my list. I only use custom playlists and don't want anything suggested playing while I'm on it. How **bleep** hard is that to do??

Every time my playlist is on shuffle, other songs from for example the same band will be inserted and played on my playlist - which I don't want.

Previous posts on similar subject are marked as solved because solution was:
a) Turn off Autoplay in settings (which I did)
b) Turn "Repeat All" for only playback from the current list - I also have that on.
problem still persist.

so another solutions by some truly tone def helpers on forum say: to reinstall app/update to latest version - which is also done (so you don't have top paste it in your template reply)

I attached a gif to show you that I can recreate this problem on command. As usual problem that is hear from at least 2016 (just by searching Spotify community).
On gif, I first scroll through my playlist to show all album artworks, then I play my playlist and just skip until a track that I don't want on my playlist shows up.

spotify - another issue that hasnt been solved for years 2.gif

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

hey, if its not to late, try going to your queue and clearing it, worked for me.

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Hey @arte_nm,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'll do our best to help.

Can you let us know if this is happening on all your playlists or just specific ones. You can creata some test playlists with 2-3 songs inside to try this out.

Also, does this happen on all your devices?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, yes this happens on all devices that I tested. 3 Android phones and PC client. 

I have also made a playlist with 3 and 4 songs, and those are only going through whats on the list, but here when I use shuffle, spotify doesn't actually shuffle songs anymore. So another issue here.

Hey @arte_nm,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try creating new playlists and copying the songs from the affected playlists to the new ones? Let us know if the issue persists, and if shuffle works as expected.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I also have this issue but not just when I have shuffle on. Problem is I use sleep sounds to help me sleep and after I put one song on the next one is random and and up eat which means I have to turn it off, further hindering sleep.... This happens on playlists created by Spotify and playlists I have created. For example I just put 'deep sleep' on and Harry styles plays second which has nothing to do with the playlist 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ seriously considering a new streaming service!!! Also a premium family customer.

Hey @katieparsons89,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The described issue seems related to the items in your queue. Could you empty your play queue as described here? Also make sure to turn Autoplay off, more on that here.

It's be also helpful, if the issue still persists after the steps above, to prepare a short screen recording, so we can fully understand what is going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Still doesint work none of this 

Hi there @rawbah,

Can you describe in detail what exactly is the issue you're facing, on what device is happening and if it's happening on all of your playlists?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

For me worked to remove my queue.

Been dealing with this for a minute, no answers on the webs did anything. Suddenly tonight saw the "enhance" option that I'd not noticed before. Clicked it off and problem solved. Don't know if that's what you're dealing with, but that's my two.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts.

The Enhance feature can indeed add songs to your playlists, but you'll see a little green Enhance icon next to the track, signifying which songs have been added by Enhance.

You can read more about the feature here.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Having the exact same problem.

I have a playlist that I want to play shuffled on repeat WITHOUT SPOTIFY ADDING ANY EXTRA SONGS.

Autoplay is off for both this and other devices.

Enhanced is off for the playlist.

Yet at some point, Spotify decides to drop the playlist completely and start playing from the recommended list.

I am playing it through Connect and am getting pretty sick of having to stop playback every couple of hours and start it again from the playlist.

Hey there @phil-brown,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Can you let us know if this is happening as well if you play the playing from your phone/ laptop only? Does it happen with other playlists or only this particular one.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I am experiencing the same issue, nothing seems to fix it. What a waste getting premium.

Hey @RaePerry,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Can you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? This way we can avoid repeating any steps. 

Can you share with us on what device is this happening? Does it happen on all of your playlists?

We'll be on the lookout.

AlejaRModerator

Clearing the song queue worked for me. Autoplay didn't

same here, ive been looking up fixes for about a week now yet nothing has worked!!! its every single playlist too, if a song on the actual playlist including daily mixes ends itll start playing a random song that isnt on it and i dont know what to do.

Hey @sophia56,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Just to confirm, is your account Premium or is on our free service? Keep in mind our free experience on mobile is different; the app adds suggested tracks within the playlists. This is not the same as Autoplay. You can read more about it here. Keep in mind, these recommendations are going to appear, even if you disable Autoplay.

On another note, it might be worth checking if you have the Autoplay feature enabled in your account settings. To check this, go to settings> Playback> Autoplay in this device. If it's activated, toggle it off.

It's possible you have some other playlist or songs in the queue ready to start playing. So, if your account is Premium, we'd recommend you check if there's something on the queue to play next. If yes, you can clear the queue, you first have to locate it by following the steps in this article. Then you can hit the Clear queue button to see if you notice any difference.

Lastly, if none of the above does the trick, would you mind letting us know the exact make/model and OS of your affected device along with the Spotify version you have running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Clearing my queue did it for me!! i did not queue up any of the songs that were in the queue btw. idk how they got there but whatever

This is still happening in 2023. They don't care if they fix anything for their own customers. They have had plenty of time. I can't play any playlist on random,. I have to hit Enhance which means playing songs I do NOT want to hear. Control, control. control. The next company to come out who allows freedom for its users, unlike Spotify, will be the next HUGE thing. I know I'll jump on it.

Suggested posts