Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search and browse options

Solved!

Search and browse options

For about week ago I have a problem with search ,radio and browse, I do not know what to do, I have tried everything I could.Those problems started after last update. I'm using windows 8.1. Help please...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try launching spotify from the Run command with the command below. If that works for you,  right click on the spotify shortcut you use to launch spotify (you may want to create a copy on your desktop instead) and go to properties. Go to the shortcut tab and add  --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background after the current contents of the Target box.

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

If it works in one, it should work in the other. Make sure that the target box looks like this at the end (copy and paste this)

spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

Also be sure to click Apply then OK. If it still won't work, could you copy and paste your target box contents here?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

What problems exactly? You can post a sceenshot since a picture is worth a thousand words 🙂

When I want to seaarch for something,screen stays black, also when I click on radio...

Untitled.png

I have some solutions on community but it doesn't help. Yesterday, I solved problem but only for about 5 minutes...

Marked as solution

Try launching spotify from the Run command with the command below. If that works for you,  right click on the spotify shortcut you use to launch spotify (you may want to create a copy on your desktop instead) and go to properties. Go to the shortcut tab and add  --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background after the current contents of the Target box.

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

It works after changes in RUN but when I change target box and restart spotify changes everything stays unchanched...

Marked as solution

If it works in one, it should work in the other. Make sure that the target box looks like this at the end (copy and paste this)

spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

Also be sure to click Apply then OK. If it still won't work, could you copy and paste your target box contents here?

Could you copy and paste exactly what is in your Target box?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks a lot man,works fine now:) Cheers!

Suggested posts