Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function not working at all

Search function not working at all

Since one of the recent updates the search function in my spotify desktop app is not working anymore.

when i type in a word, the screen stays empty.

no search result header or anything.

just blank space.

I know there are some more posts about this, but even those marked as solved do not have a solution, that's actually working.

YES, i tried logging in and out

YES, i tried to reinstall spotify

YES, i cleaned the roaming folder when reinstalling

YES, ofc i already restarted my pc

After i try to search stuff my spotify does not respond anymore at all.

I need to kill the main process and also its 5 subprocesses in the task manager and restart spotify again.

6 Replies

same here. it does work but takes a long time to show results. i reinstalled clean and it was working ok for a couple of days but it got slow after. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

We are aware of this issue and our team is looking into it. It would be awesome if you could add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread. This way you'll stay up to date with any updates on the matter. We'll also ask you to provide the information requested in the post, as this will help our team greatly 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, since the last update. I also tried all the options Rawgi has been mentioning. It is really annoying. FYI I use the desktop app in Windows 10.
I hope your software developers can do something about this to fix this problem.
Kind Regards from a real music lover 😎🎧🎶

Same issue, first noticed today that any search returns "No results found". Tried reinstalling, restarting, cleaning Roaming folder before reinstall. Search just does not work. Win10/Desktop app here.

Quick info: was able to find workaround by searching on a phone and then playing on my desktop, but this is ridiculous.

This is not the same issue, the search function on desktop is broken.

Suggested posts