Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Select All on Liked Songs on Desktop only selects some songs, possibly linked to shuffle issues

Solved!

Select All on Liked Songs on Desktop only selects some songs, possibly linked to shuffle issues

Premium, UK, Windows 10 Pro Education version 1903.

Spotify version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6

Problem has existed since at least 24th December 2019

When I go into Liked Songs on Spotify Desktop for Windows, then hit Ctrl + A, it only selects the top 100 songs in the list, whereas in the past it used to select all. If I scroll down quite a way and then hit Ctrl + A, it selects a seemingly random selection of songs around where I scrolled to, sometimes with gaps. If I keep scrolling through to different points and hitting Ctrl + A I can eventually select all the songs but then the right click menu doesn't appear when I click on them, so I can't actually do anything.

Most of the time when I shuffle the Liked Songs it only shuffles songs from those top 100, however, if I play around with Ctrl + A'ing various sections and starting a shuffle from a random song part way down the playlist, I can sometimes get it shuffling from all.

Some notes for more detail:
-- The problem doesn't seem to affect playlists, which select all correctly even if they have over 100 songs and seem to shuffle correctly.
-- The problem isn't present on my phone, which is a Moto G5s Plus running Android 8.1.0 and Spotify 8.5.57.1164 - there's no select all option to test, but when I shuffle the Liked Songs it seems to select from the whole list, not just the first 100.
-- If I change the order of the songs (for example, sort by Artist) it selects the physical first 100 showing on the list (so the first 100 by alphabetical artist name).

In summary it's basically just not behaving itself as it should!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As of today (7th May 2021) this issue seems to be resolved with the recent update to how liked songs and playlists display - using CTRL + A now selects ALL songs, finally!

The shuffle issue also seems to be resolved (shuffle still doesn't seem entirely random, but it's definitely not just picking from the most recent 100 additions any more) - I think this has been resolved for a bit longer, so I don't think the two issues were linked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I am having the same issue! I have been wanting to make playlists from all my liked songs, but on the spotify desktop app on windows, hitting ctrl+a will only select 99 songs! I think it has to do with spotify decreasing its allocated ram or cache for itself as it was a prominent issue on how much ram it was taking. My liked songs is over  5900 songs, and I have tried every single method you have and more. It is deeply frustrating and I am currently researching on how to allocate spotify desktop version more ram to see if that solves the issue. Good post!

Hey there @deidread

Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about this.

Have you tried this with a completely cleared cache and after reinstalling the app?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The suggested solution does not work.

Marked as solution

As of today (7th May 2021) this issue seems to be resolved with the recent update to how liked songs and playlists display - using CTRL + A now selects ALL songs, finally!

The shuffle issue also seems to be resolved (shuffle still doesn't seem entirely random, but it's definitely not just picking from the most recent 100 additions any more) - I think this has been resolved for a bit longer, so I don't think the two issues were linked.

Suggested posts